What's new

Question - Shinnok Did Quan Chi Reveal Confirm Shinnok?

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Did anyone else notice that in the Quan reveal trailer, there's no trace of the Amulet of Shinnok anywhere? As far as I know, the only two people to have carried it was Shinnok and Quan. Could this be a clue of omission, considering how vital the amulet is to both of their powers?

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Did anyone else notice that in the Quan reveal trailer, there's no trace of the Amulet of Shinnok anywhere? As far as I know, the only two people to have carried it was Shinnok and Quan. Could this be a clue of omission, considering how vital the amulet is to both of their powers?
Maybe they dropped the amulet thing from the new story altogether. Or maybe Shinnok does have it like you say but I doubt it's meant to be a clue that Chi doesn't have it.

Eh i wouldn't read too much into it. Shinnok has better odds than a lot of characters given his role in MK9 and MK4, but he's boss character enough with a small enough following that I could see them either having him fall down a flight of stairs early on or be "unplayable shao khan" sort of thing.

I'm hoping you're right, but I wouldn't confirm anything based on just that.

i would really like to main shinnok, there's something about his design that clicks with me. but oh well, at least i have my homie quan now, he looks hype af (except for that bat, would be better if he summoned his demon horse to smack the shit out of people)

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Well it obviously revealed Quan, but I've seen the speculators go full autistic over less. It's always been as vital part to the character's canon, so it leaves an obvious question as to where it is. While the character development is pretty flexible, their history isn't nearly as much.

trufenix

bye felicia
Well it obviously revealed Quan, but I've seen the speculators go full autistic over less. It's always been as vital part to the character's canon, so it leaves an obvious question as to where it is. While the character development is pretty flexible, their history isn't nearly as much.
well they already said they're not going back into the Dragon King / One Being arc, so its possible they've ignored / retconned the amulets role as a Kamidogu / realm merger device. More importantly, Shinnok says "soon I will be free" not "now that I am free"at the end of MK9, so there's no actual guarantee he ever gets free. For all we know Raiden (or someone else in Outworld or Earth) caught wind of his plot and shut him down. Kotal obviously comes out of nowhere and takes the throne in Outworld, and its unlikely Shinnok would just appoint this dude boss of a whole realm, so while it does seem extremely likely Shinnok is confirmed, there is a lot of wiggle room. When you consider the way DA ended and De started, De to Arma, and even Arma to 9, there is a lot of room for a complete plot curve ball.