What's new

did Mk9 Had Better Looking Combos than MkXL

Mk9 Have better looking combos than mkxl?

• Total voters

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
In some cases yes, in some cases no. Skarlet's combos looked great in MK9, and Raiden's teleport combos were hype.

On the other hand, Mileena's stabby stab combos are pretty cool looking, as are Sub-Zero's.

However, I personally think a lot of MKX's animations look wonky as fuck **glares at Cage's F3 and Scorpion's standing 1 string**

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”

I voted no....

As some have said the animation looks better in mkx when strings are being used

Idk to me everything has this certain "flow" in mkx's new animation that some of the older gen stuff NRS did never had.

From the sound to the Mo-Capped stuff to everything really..so i have to had it to them they really stepped it up for the next gen outing of the series.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Due to nostalgia and the fact that MK9 was the catalyst for many posters here (myself included) becoming true die-hards, this site will forever be infatuated with MK9, but the reality is that MKX shits on MK9 in almost every conceivable way. The relative aesthetic beauty of the combos from each game is just another one of those (many) ways.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
In some cases yes, in some cases no. Skarlet's combos looked great in MK9, and Raiden's teleport combos were hype.

On the other hand, Mileena's stabby stab combos are pretty cool looking, as are Sub-Zero's.

However, I personally think a lot of MKX's animations look wonky as fuck **glares at Cage's F3 and Scorpion's standing 1 string**
I think Skarlet and Kung Lao are probably the two characters from MK9 who could hang with an MKX level of swag.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Hmmm it's hard to say!

MKX definite looks tons more appealing to the eye and MKX

But saying MKX does not have creative combos is insane

There is 100 variations so of course there is going be bland linear combos

But there is a lot of universal tools that let you get creative.

I think MK9 always gave the illusion that the combo is going to drop there is no more gravity when there was which looked cool AF

In terms of creativity what tools did MK9 have for combos that MKX doesn't? and don't say resets
And anything you can do with dash cancelling you can do with run as u can get 5 jabs with Cage that's around the same as MK9

Most of the old schoolers will say MK9

Although in terms of Uppercut combos MK9>>>>>MKX

it's really all preference in the end

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Bruh.

Once the bottom video gets to Kenshi, I just have to turn it off. Massacre. They did an amazing job with the animation in MKX.

EDIT: Dude, the Dragon's Fire combos.. Come on man.
I definitely think MKX kombos look better but one thing I like about the MK9 kombos in the video you showed is that unless you knew the kombos, you wouldn't know when they were going to end. It's hype to see a win when you think the kombo is going to end.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
MK9 Kitana looks beautiful and regal doing her combos. MKX Kitana looks like a stumpy tomboy clunking around like an idiot.

Mileena's moveset looked sexy and sinister in MK9 compared to frantic and janky in MK9.

This thread will end just like all MK9 vs MKX threads, though: MK9 is better in every way except graphics, but TYM will swear by MKX because the braindead sheep here want to be dazzled by graphics and content rather than game design.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
MK9 Kitana looks beautiful and regal doing her combos. MKX Kitana looks like a stumpy tomboy clunking around like an idiot.

Mileena's moveset looked sexy and sinister in MK9 compared to frantic and janky in MK9.

This thread will end just like all MK9 vs MKX threads, though: MK9 is better in every way except graphics, but TYM will swear by MKX because the braindead sheep here want to be dazzled by graphics and content rather than game design.
Damn man it's just a preference thread you're always so hostile :p

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
No.

MK9 animations were janky as shit. They looked even worse when no blood code was on.

Error

DF2+R2

I think Mileena's moveset in MK9 was pretty bland, she had like 4 usable normals

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
why is everyone comparing graphics when the games are 5+ yrs apart lmfao... thats like saying Gameboy looks way worse then xbox graphics..

i thought the thread was about combos
Where in my quote did I compare the graphics to MKX? I thought the same thing in 2011 as I do now.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Where in my quote did I compare the graphics to MKX? I thought the same thing in 2011 as I do now.
ok but it's not a graphics competition period ?
btw wasn't really just directed at you .. you were just the last person to post and fall victim to the quote

Hmmm it's hard to say!

MKX definite looks tons more appealing to the eye and MKX

But saying MKX does not have creative combos is insane

There is 100 variations so of course there is going be bland linear combos

But there is a lot of universal tools that let you get creative.

I think MK9 always gave the illusion that the combo is going to drop there is no more gravity when there was which looked cool AF

In terms of creativity what tools did MK9 have for combos that MKX doesn't? and don't say resets
And anything you can do with dash cancelling you can do with run as u can get 5 jabs with Cage that's around the same as MK9

Most of the old schoolers will say MK9

Although in terms of Uppercut combos MK9>>>>>MKX

it's really all preference in the end
are we really considered old schoolers now? it seems only yesterday 16 bit was screaming "tom brady im coming for you!" or i was listening to the hilarious mk9 ktp pod cast for hours. And all the hype matches that happened. the hypest i remember being was when carl beat cd jr at mlg and then he went and won evo again after everyone doubted him. it was nice seeing kabal lose. kung lao was the hero. it was like he was saving the game from kabal. there was so much more hype moments. so much more. too much to type. but it doesnt seem that long ago