What's new

Breakthrough - Goro Did Boon just announce Goro? Follow the twitter trail.

trufenix

bye felicia
I wonder what moves they would come up with for 3 variations of him
He's got a functional enough movelist in MK9, it would just need to be sped up, de-armored, and padded with some strings. You give him a grappler variant with his old stomps, a variant with his Shokan Claws from Deception, and another one thats just strikes and kicks and maybe his fireball, baby you got a stew going.

And actually Goro's got a way more viable shot at the throne than Mileena anyway. Dudes got more allies, more troops, and more reasons to want to run Outworld than her (or anyone else, really).

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
As a Bane/Grundy/Doomsday main in Injustice, I think I can safely say I would probably main the fucking shit out of Goro in MKX

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Something tells me that as we all stare unblinking, while the words "Finish Him" ring in our ears, at Goro tearing some poor bastard limb from bloody limb with his bare hands - all fucking four of his bare fucking hands - we will all share a moment of collective agreement that we've just born witness to the hands-down (no pun intended) most badass character reveal trailer of all time.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
NRS has the potential to make the most grappley 2D grappler ever with a good playable Shokan.

The chain grabs would be so fucking real.

The first step to making a good playable Shokan is to do something with the fact that they have four arms.

I was so disappointed in MK9 at how they all used their arms in unison instead of individually for some cool looking combos.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol I laugh every time I see Raiden oneshotting Motaro...

I wouldn't mind Goro being one of the sub bosses, but not sure about playable. If he's not OP fine.

Art

Grave_Intent
Goro was one of my favorite villains in MK. I hope for our sake he has been re-imagined as a good grappler with comparable frame data that can compete with the other characters but is NOT over powered. As stated earlier his renditions in the past were pretty lame, so I'm crossing my fingers if he or another Shokan is in the game PLEASE let him be playable and at the very least decent to play.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
When is the next reveal?

Are they seriously keeping us in the dark this long because the release date is actually more towards then end of next year? :(

trufenix

bye felicia
When is the next reveal?

Are they seriously keeping us in the dark this long because the release date is actually more towards then end of next year? :(
I know the entire FGC has ADD about game casts (It hasn't even been an entire month since Kano), but there's a very real possibility that the characters simply aren't ready to show. Even if the entire cast is picked, concepted out, modeled and even textured, that doesn't mean they're ready for a three minute demo reel with a fatality on top. The Skullgirls crowd may tolerate a "reveal" thats nothing more than a piece of notebook paper with a jiggly sketch on it, but that shit doesn't cut it for triple a titles with million dollar marketing budgets.

Dark

Noob
When is the next reveal?

Most characters probably wont even be revealed until the game comes out. (Not counting leaks and stuff). I think the guy at pax said something hinting at that. In MK9 they tried to keep a decent amount of it a surprise, but it was all leaked.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I know the entire FGC has ADD about game casts (It hasn't even been an entire month since Kano), but there's a very real possibility that the characters simply aren't ready to show. Even if the entire cast is picked, concepted out, modeled and even textured, that doesn't mean they're ready for a three minute demo reel with a fatality on top. The Skullgirls crowd may tolerate a "reveal" thats nothing more than a piece of notebook paper with a jiggly sketch on it, but that shit doesn't cut it for triple a titles with million dollar marketing budgets.
You've reminded people to stay patient a few times now, and it's true. But you also have to understand that making people impatient for more information and the game itself is literally the whole point of good marketing.

They're teasing very little information every so often and it's natural for people to want more. No one is being a pre-maddona for wanting that sweet release because NRS has a firm grasp on everyone's balls. It's just human.

trufenix

bye felicia
@Circus
You telling me to stay the bucket of water is no different than me telling them to keep it in their pants. We both trying to keep the discourse civil and interesting. The only difference is there's more of them than me, so my position seems irrelevant.

I'm no less hype than the rest of you, save that I've done this a couple hundred times now (and failed to release a few games of my own) so I'm less impetuous. Regardless, he asked the reason for the delay, I answered. If people only want complimentary replies, they should label their posts as such or they can exercise that big ole' Ignore button and be done with me entirely.