What's new

Question - Boneshaper DF2 MB Glitch?

EIN

Noob
Hey Guys,

Found a dumb glitch for Shinnok.

If you start a combo off with DF2 MB, if you end the combo any other way besides the standing reset, you can use DF2 MB immediately after (possibly for an armor bait). However, if you choose to end the combo with the standing reset gun shot for +8 frames, you cannot use DF2 MB right away as a baited armor move, only a regular DF2 comes out. I mean, it's a whole new combo.. why won't the game let you use DF2 MB again after the standing reset? This is pretty shitty if you ask me.

What do you guys think? Is this a legit glitch or nah? Two video clips below to show what i'm talking about.

P.S. I already know you cannot use two EX DF2 in one combo. My concern is that the game won't let you do it again after the F2,2,1+3~BF1 standing reset.

-N

You can see that DF2 MB comes out after the 1123 ender. But when I go for the standing reset, only a normal DF2 comes out.

Another video with DF2 MB after standing reset not working properly.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
This isn't a bug. You can't use EX DF2 twice in one combo.

If you try the 2nd one will come out as regular (non-ex).

EIN

Noob
This isn't a bug. You can't use EX DF2 twice in one combo.

If you try the 2nd one will come out as regular (non-ex).

I should've mentioned I already know you can't do two EX DF2 in one combo. I'm saying the game won't let you do another immediately after you finish with a standing reset (the combo ends when i end with "dark beam"). It's a completely new combo, technically the game should let you perform another EX DF2 right after if you wanted to open up with another armored move. You know what i mean?

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I should've mention I already know you can't do two EX DF2 in one combo. I'm saying the game won't let you do another after you finish with a standing reset (the combo ends when i end with "dark beam"). It's a completely new combo, technically the game should let you perform another EX DF2 if you wanted to open up with another armored move. You know what i mean?
Ah gotcha. Just watched the 2nd video and saw what you mean.

Reactions: EIN

EIN

Noob
It's definitely a glitch. You have delay the ex df2 a few frames after the gun for it to work.
Yeah I know. The thing is, since you are +8 frames after the gun shot, I figured it would be a nice frame trap since the Scepter Launch is 15 frames and is armored. You can do the Scepter Launch after gunshot immediately right after all day long in the neutral game but for some reason not after you have just used it in a combo earlier and end in dark beam. Weird.

This glitches existed in mk9 and mkx has them too. In mk9 you could sometimes break the move that was initiated while opponent was in hit stun. The game thinks that combo is still going. The same thing happens when Impostor starts a combo off of NJP ends it with Mimicry and if you open your opponent up with NJP, while he is still in the Mimicry hit stun, it won't pop them up but will splat them, although it is a new combo. I believe Ex Scepter Slam doesn't come out if you initiate it while opponent is still in hitstun from the Dark Beam.

EIN

Noob
This glitches existed in mk9 and mkx has them too. In mk9 you could sometimes break the move that was initiated while opponent was in hit stun. The game thinks that combo is still going. The same thing happens when Impostor starts a combo off of NJP ends it with Mimicry and if you open your opponent up with NJP, while he is still in the Mimicry hit stun, it won't pop them up but will splat them, although it is a new combo. I believe Ex Scepter Slam doesn't come out if you initiate it while opponent is still in hitstun from the Dark Beam.
Ahh.. This makes a lot of sense. Because of the +8 frames on hit from the Dark Beam, the game still thinks it's the same combo so doesn't allow for another EX Scepter Launch. Which is why you can do it again if you wait a couple of frames for the +8 frames to nullify before doing another it again. Thanks for the information man, it was really insightful.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Why not F4, 1, scepter launch. F4 is a faster low that also reaches and actually jails.

EIN

Noob
Why not F4, 1, scepter launch. F4 is a faster low that also reaches and actually jails.
Oh I know. I was trying to find new tech/break Shinnok by trying different combinations of strings and moves. Trying to see what works and what doesn't. I never said it was optimal stuff, just was wondering why this glitch was happening :)

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Oh I know. I was trying to find new tech/break Shinnok by trying different combinations of strings and moves. Trying to see what works and what doesn't. I never said it was optimal stuff, just was wondering why this glitch was happening :)
sorry... it's my top player mind oppressing other's freedom again.