What's new

General/Other Dehydrate String

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi Yall.

Dehydrate :bp:bk - 0 on Block, +5 on hit.

I have been told by so many people that this string is rubbish and it couldn't further from the truth, but from looking at things with Rain recently, I have been trying to make his Rush down more effective, and this really works. I took the inspiration from playing against F0xy's Cage, with his F32 on block. And to a certain extent, from using KL allot recently.

And here is why.

If you can land it at anytime on block, you can string in Round House :d:l:bk, you can even cancel if you want (Although thats not the point of this), but the reason why throwing this out a few times on block ( :bp:bk:d:l:bk ) is a good idea is because, when the opponent expects :bp:bk Roundhouse, instead of chaining in the Round House, you will grant a crossover op if the opponent sticks, or Air to Air if the opponent Jumps when you do, and when the opponent thinks you are crossing over one too many times, you could always launch them with the Round House if they release block or jump, its a proper guess for the opponent, one they are FORCED to guess in, more than :bk:fk, as it is negative on block, and there will always be either a round house or cancel, never a grab or cross over directly after, never without a round house inputted.

Put simply, after :bk:fk, there always will be a special, that can't always be said after :bp:bk.

The opponent can quickly on reaction, D4 or D3 you out of the Round House, but that will allow you your crossover if you don't, or if they are late, eat a round house and launched for a full combo. You always have the option to Round House cancel into another string, but the main idea behind this string is that is 0 on block, and if it hits you can always just repeat 24, as its +5 and your :bp is 11., it is also 0 on block on its own. Once this is established, you can use the :bp:bk on block to bait armoured moves or jumps on its own.

Once the opponent starts respecting that you could roundhouse, you can go into :fk:fk:bk, it will most likely at this point be on block, and it will be -3, this sets up the exact same scenario as Kabal with Meter on a blocked :l:fp:bp:fp, he could armour through you if you get too ''button pressy'', the idea here is to not :ex round house the move, but dash cancel it and take your armour through into a :bk:fk hit confirmed on block into another round house/cancel or on hit, a bubble for your 47-50% midscreen combo.

NOTE:
Do not let this take priority as a JIP option, if you land a JIP and do :bp:bk then you have wasted a full combo by not doing :bk:fk.

Do not use this in your spacing game as a punisher for wiffed normals, as :bp:bk is not a punisher, and especially not for the opponents wiffed normals considering the hit box of the :bp. For that, you should use :bk Roundhouse.

Try use it as part of your rush down after Roundhouse cancels, or after hitting a D4 to get in and start mixing it up. If you start implementing this, you will find it easier ''Staying in'' up close for longer, or as much as you need. Using a string that does not need a Round house cancel to cross over or repeat gives you more mix up options, and you can always just round house.

This string is great, and has it's uses, don't let anyone tell you any different.

Enenra

Go to hell.
IKizzle told me to slap in more 24s back in the day. I think it is definitely a solid pressure option, thanks for bringing it to the kommunity's spot light. It is definitely under utilized.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
I'll be using this a lot more than I have but I've always felt that it's so underrated. As is 3/3,3.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Interesting thing about 24 Roundhouse Delay, if you hold it, it puts you out of poke range.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Will try to incorporate this to my gameplay. More pressure options, more fun. Thanks Glue!

AYSAMO

Noob
I usually do 24 RH cancel or 24 teleport to mix it up. It's so underrated for how safe it is, just kinda slow.

Just wanna throw this out there to you guys something ive been using it gimmicky but ive caught ppl atleast once everytime i used it, this is not to be used when ur even on life, only on life lead, or a feel that they will try to interrupt basically its a ghetto reset off a connected roundhouse

4, RH, 2, bubble, dehydrate string into lightning or ex lightning (on standing opponent)
Most ppl ive fought always try to press a button after the dehydrate string is blocked because of the weird animation of the move they will not expect the lighting, also who uses this string right? Lol anyways if the lighting connects u can follow up with a dash in uppercut into a BnB, wont hurt to atleast try the gimmick once in a match the reward if connected is lovely.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Just wanna throw this out there to you guys something ive been using it gimmicky but ive caught ppl atleast once everytime i used it, this is not to be used when ur even on life, only on life lead, or a feel that they will try to interrupt basically its a ghetto reset off a connected roundhouse

4, RH, 2, bubble, dehydrate string into lightning or ex lightning (on standing opponent)
Most ppl ive fought always try to press a button after the dehydrate string is blocked because of the weird animation of the move they will not expect the lighting, also who uses this string right? Lol anyways if the lighting connects u can follow up with a dash in uppercut into a BnB, wont hurt to atleast try the gimmick once in a match the reward if connected is lovely.
good shit man, I'll have to try this. I like canceling into roundhouse after 2 4 as well. I don't think we use EX lighting mix ups enough. I've been throwing out things like D1 Ex lighting, D4 Ex Lighting, and trying to see if it can improve Rain's footsies at all. D1 Ex lighting is like a ghetto D1 smoke bomb lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
good shit man, I'll have to try this. I like canceling into roundhouse after 2 4 as well. I don't think we use EX lighting mix ups enough. I've been throwing out things like D1 Ex lighting, D4 Ex Lighting, and trying to see if it can improve Rain's footsies at all. D1 Ex lighting is like a ghetto D1 smoke bomb lol
except more punishable

offline this wont work

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
I know there is a 23frame gap between d1 and ex lighting, ex lighting is only -5 block. I'm not saying go crazy and throw out d1 ex lighting like it's some kinda god tech, but simply mix up your pressure. LBSH outside of pressure Rain isn't the safest character either