What's new

Defusing TriBorg Hard To Blocks.

Call it a waste of time, but I dislike having to 'hold that' with setups if I know there is a way out of them. Shirai Ryu, Summoner, Tremor (I don't personally believe so, but....TYM) (My previous main). Tri Borg is no different. I'm well aware that setups can be altered, though that won't stop me from looking at ways of blocking setups as well as trying to escape them entirely. That being said, here is what I have so far.

:18-:19 if you listen carefully. You can hear the sound of Cyrax's arm extending. That is the moment you begin blocking high and transition into a low block. Particular? Very. At the same time Cyrax's bomb will beep 5 times before exploding on 6. So if you miss the arm extender you can gauge the timing then. The B2 will land just before the 5th beep. Block high then immediately low on 6. Yes it's very stringent and may even be impractical. Though it's a method that works for me.

One of the basic Cyber Sub setups. This one wasn't difficult. The Frost Bomb detonates 2 seconds after landing on the ground. Since B3D4 is such a fast low,low/overhead you have plenty of time to block each hit before returning to low block for the bomb. Once again I know this is a basic setup, it will take time for me to comb through each one.

A question was posed in response to my first Cyrax video. "You're airborne and it takes 2 frames to land. Now you have Net ~ Bomb ~B2 ~ 4 xxx net to deal with. How do you combat this? This is my video in response to that question:

You didn't block correctly the first time and were caught. Now you're in the air and things are different. The same rule from before still applies. Cyrax's bomb beeps 5 times then detonates on 6. The Cyrax player has to be careful with their timing otherwise the Net/Grenade/B2 will all combo and you will fall to the ground immediately.

If timed correctly, you will fall on the 6th beep (the actual explosion) Whereas the B2 will now hit second. Block low, then high.

There is still guess work, by no means a 100% guaranteed to block. Though I'd rather practice defending against setups then waiting for a Normalization. If you know of a hard to block setup involving any of Tri Borg's variations, please share so that I can continue my work. Until then I will just be pulling them one by one off of various YouTube videos.

Last edited:
I will be updating the original post with what I find. This will be it for this evening.

A question was posed in response to my first Cyrax video. "You're airborne and it takes 2 frames to land. Now you have Net ~ Bomb ~B2 ~ 4 xxx net to deal with. How do you combat this? This is my video in response to that question:
You didn't block correctly the first time and were caught. Now you're in the air and things are different. The same rule from before still applies. Cyrax's bomb beeps 5 times then detonates on 6. The Cyrax player has to be careful with their timing otherwise the Net/Grenade/B2 will all combo and you will fall to the ground immediately.

If timed correctly, you will fall on the 6th beep (the actual explosion) Whereas the B2 will now hit second. Block low, then high.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Trust me when I say that was a very difficult thing to type. Though many would have tried to argue otherwise.
many would be wrong so :/
you totally avoided tremors "hard to blockable" by holding down, you never had to even attempt to block the overhead low so to compare him to the two others you mentioned is nuts, especially that you play/ed him

I don't personally believe Tremor ever fit into the "Hard to blockable" mold. As you may recall I argued that point more than once in the Tremor forums. I simply tossed his name casually into the above since many to still do so.

If it helps, I edited the OP a bit to reflect that.

@YOMI RM JagoBlake I'll keep you informed of everything I find. For now I'm combing through YouTube videos to find the difficult setups. Trying to armor/evade them is risky in my opinion. Hence why I've taken this route. If you could, share the word. The more information & input I receive the better my results can potentially be.

Very true. That's why I've taken to the bomb itself so much. Adding the quick 1-2-3-4-5- pop in to the long list of other things you're thinking about while playing a match. At some point I'd expect it to just become 'muscle' memory of sorts. Though this is barely week 1 of these characters being released. Things may be completely different in 6 months.

Very true. That's why I've taken to the bomb itself so much. Adding the quick 1-2-3-4-5- pop in to the long list of other things you're thinking about while playing a match. At some point I'd expect it to just become 'muscle' memory of sorts. Though this is barely week 1 of these characters being released. Things may be completely different in 6 months.
that's true, just getting someone distracted and counting opens up other options.

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
Finally somebody labbing this shit! It's still hard to block but as long as there's a way out with practice it's fair lol. Maybe a fair nerf would be making the second hit a mid if they hit between 3-5 frames? I'm just saying I'd rather have that than no setups at all. Good work though! The Cyber Initiative lives on!

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I appreciate the time you took to lab this up man!! Good shit we need more ppl like u

Seems like that first cyrax setup u did tho was a bit miss timed. You can make the string tighter than that, I'll try it out myself and see what I can make of it. Thanks dude!

Yeah, the set ups you show in the video are far from being a frame apart overhead/low, low/overhead. The timing should be a lot tighter. I labbed that a lot when I played Summoner, and now with Cyber Sub-Zero. One frame blocks are really hard in the competitive settings.

I will look to make the first setup a bit tighter. Before, any closer together and the setup would all combo together and the opponent would fall out. Though now since I've been practicing for a few days I may be able to shave a few frames off.

I definitely agree. 1 Frame blocks done at home are far different than sitting in a crowded tournament or on stream. Though with practice and knowing 'when' exactly the bombs will go off will make it slightly easier. Slightly.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah sorry but those are not 1 frame apart. Plus you're testing this in your own conditions and you know what's going to go off first because it's how you executed it so of course it's going to be easier to block. In a real match the player is going to mix up their timings and try and get as close to 1 frame apart between the oh/low or low/oh as possible so it won't be as easy to block as you're making it look. That Cyber Sub setup is definitely not 1 frame, the Cyrax one seems closer but still a bit off. Good idea to lab it out, not saying you shouldn't have as being in the lab is a good thing and more should do it, but it's going to be made harder than this in a match.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
ty for this!
glad to see another using the lab instead of the nerf button.

Adapt > Complain/cry 4 nerfs

Reactions: GQJ