What's new

Defense or offense

I'm asking this because it seems as tho blocking is becoming not an option and I cannot get any offense started. I play Cassie my mix ups are consistently blocked so I'm wondering what goes into your offensive gameplan. What's this if this hits this is promised stuff. On the defensive end is it a lot more than just experience. Is it more hard reads or worse case scenario.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
It sounds like you may be being a little predictable if people are constantly blocking your attacks / poking you out. Try not to get in to a rut and use other options, pokes etc to open them up a bit. I sometimes have to remind myself of that too!

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Ya I just wish it went that easy. What I struggle with is getting to the point of using said mix up with out being poked out.
Well you can't just do a mixup whenever you're close. Run up fiddy fiddy isn't actually a viable strategy lol.

You gotta earn the respect so you can get a 50/50. Like after 212 if you do a D3 every time and then your opponent adapts and starts blocking the D3, you can just abuse the fact that he is respecting you to go for a 50/50. But if you D3 to stop him from stopping your 50/50 the next time around, that D3 on hit lets you do another mixup.

Just gotta find a meta game and then work on your reads I'd say.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Ya I just wish it went that easy. What I struggle with is getting to the point of using said mix up with out being poked out.
It sounds like you're not getting her pressure down, because her mixup is a straight 50/50 and they can't guess right every time. It's actually tougher than it looks to pressure and condition your opponents with cassie. I recommend watching sonicfoxe's cassie, but the next best thing is it think about what you're not using.

I fall into a repeatable pattern sometimes, and that can cost you games. Say you always b12 check after d4 hits, and they respect it. You're always ending up -7 in their face and losing the initiative. Well you can start doing things differently after the d4, like running up throw, run up f3, or run up 212. Maybe risk armouring or ex nutpunching after you're minus as a risk, if you feel they'll push buttons. Use different strings too, b2121+4, 331, 332, strings that your opponent hasn't seen can confuse them and give you a small advantage (provided it isn't a terrible string).

Keep playing more games and you'll naturally start adding things to your offense. Watching better players speed tracks that, but with Cassie there aren't many options. I can't think of one major travelling player that uses her besides fox.

Well you can't just do a mixup whenever you're close. Run up fiddy fiddy isn't actually a viable strategy lol.

You gotta earn the respect so you can get a 50/50. Like after 212 if you do a D3 every time and then your opponent adapts and starts blocking the D3, you can just abuse the fact that he is respecting you to go for a 50/50. But if you D3 to stop him from stopping your 50/50 the next time around, that D3 on hit lets you do another mixup.

Just gotta find a meta game and then work on your reads I'd say.
Interesting so if I gathered this the 212 is plus means I get a d3 so do that until it's respected once it's respected for for the overhead or low starter. Does the same jailing work of that's the proper term work of the foward 332 string? It's starting to sound like I'm squandering my opportunities.

Duude, whataver I ever expected complaining about MKX goes, but NEVER have I thought the lack of offence would be one of them.
#bringPlusOnBlockArmoredMovesBackAgain
#buffSummoner
#makeMKXgreatAgain
Not sure if sarcastic or not. But I'm not complaining as much as trying to figure out how I went from winning like 70% of my games to losing pretty much any time I play a match online

Scott The Scot

Interesting so if I gathered this the 212 is plus means I get a d3 so do that until it's respected once it's respected for for the overhead or low starter. Does the same jailing work of that's the proper term work of the foward 332 string? It's starting to sound like I'm squandering my opportunities.
Sure, anything neutral or plus to be honest. If you want to further the meta you can do a poke, wait for them to poke you back and THEN do a 50/50. But if you're waiting for them to poke then YOU are giving them a chance to do a 50/50 lol. It's what makes the game fun.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Not sure if sarcastic or not. But I'm not complaining as much as trying to figure out how I went from winning like 70% of my games to losing pretty much any time I play a match online
Looks like people addapted to your playstyle. Change it up. Get a life lead, turtle and punish their mistakes. Not because it's the right way, but for you to learn more options.

Sure, anything neutral or plus to be honest. If you want to further the meta you can do a poke, wait for them to poke you back and THEN do a 50/50. But if you're waiting for them to poke then YOU are giving them a chance to do a 50/50 lol. It's what makes the game fun.
Wow I feel enlightened. So in theory I go 212 then d3 check leaves me negative but safe he checks said poke I then instead of checking attack with mix up. Unless I can but confirm my poke hitting then proceed with offense. So now that we've established a ground game. I guess scouting out njp's is char specific like I was watching esl and some cages will throw out a foward 4 to read jumps.

Scott The Scot

Wow I feel enlightened. So in theory I go 212 then d3 check leaves me negative but safe he checks said poke I then instead of checking attack with mix up. Unless I can but confirm my poke hitting then proceed with offense. So now that we've established a ground game. I guess scouting out njp's is char specific like I was watching esl and some cages will throw out a foward 4 to read jumps.
Yeah sounds like you're levelling up already with this new knowledge lol :)
Neutral jumps are something you just have to wait your turn after blocking it or punish if they hit on the way up or beat them out on a read.

XxDark_

Noob
I play cassie aswell. add me and ill point you in the right direction...it will be a lot easier for me to do that instead of trying to explain here.