What's new

Guide Deep Jumpkick/Jumpkick Combos in all situations.

So you know those moments where you're out of jump in range, and that pesky ass is D4'ing his patootie off? Well, that's what the Deep jumpkick is for....if you catch yourself in a moment where you know you're going to DJK, there's a couple combos you might want to know...

The difficulty increases from top to bottom.
* denotes a necessary half dash cancel before the input, (i.e. DJK, FFxx2Slide)
Recommended bread and butter DJK combos are in green.
*denotes that the DJK doesn't have to be super deep. Just relatively decently deep, aka not on the guys neck or higher, like at least at his chest.

Midscreen meterless:
*DJK, Slide: 15%
DJK, Divekick: 13%
DJK, *2xxSlide: 19% (better than 1xxSlide for safety)
DJK, *1xxSlide: 17% (not recommended, if you do the 1 too fast, the slide will whiff)
DJK, *21xxSlide: 21% (safer than 2xxSlide, but feels harder, personal preference I guess)...
DJK, B22xxSlide: 22% (half dash isn't necessary, and does a good deal of damage, however I feel this may be more difficult than the others due to the DJK having to be perfectly deep so the recovery is less frames. It's up to you.)

If you plan on using meter:
DJK, *1xxEN-Freeze, dash, F221xxSlide: 24%
DJK, *11xxEN-Freeze, dash, F221xxSlide: 25% (Quite difficult to nail the second 1, not recommended)
DJK, B22xxEN-Freeze, dash, F221xxSlide: 28% (half dash not necessary, DJK must be perfectly deep, EN-Freeze may not connect if not done properly, however, does a decent step up from the other meterless easier DJK combos). Difficult but rewarding.

If you are in the corner:
In personal experience DJK,11 starter is the easiest, followed closely by DJK, 211+2
*DJK, 11xxFreeze, 34, D1xxSlide: 28% (D1 into a slide, due to negative edge, may be a problem.)
*DJK, 11, 111xxFreeze, 33xxSlide/F221xxSlide: 28%/29%
*DJK, 111xxFreeze, 34: 25% (splats enemy onto the ground aka hard-drop)
*DJK, 111xxFreeze, F221xxSlide: 28% (knocks enemy out of wall, not recommended)
DJK, 34, 111xxFreeze, 33xxSlide: 31%
DJK, 34,111xxFreeze, F221xxSlide: 33% (knocks enemy out of wall, not recommended, also, if the enemy is too low when frozen, you must switch to the 33xxSlide or else F221 will whiff, however, this is obvious in height)
DJK, 34, 34, D1xxSlide: 32%
DJK, 34, 34, 33xxSlide: 34% (slightly harder on timing than the previous combo, not recommended over previous combo)
DJK, 211+2, 11xxFreeze, F221xxSlide:32% (may or may not knock opponent off of wall)

DJK, 211+2, 34, D1xxSlide (if you can overcome the negative edge issue that makes you teleport, go for it): 33%
Difficult but rewarding: DJK, 211+2, 34, 33xxSlide: 36%
Not much use for a bar of meter here.

If you are in the corner with 3 bars of meter:
*DJK, 11, 111xxFreeze, jumpbackxxXRAY: 40%
*DJK, 11xxFreeze, B24xxXRAY: 42%
*DJK, 11xxFreeze, JumpkickxxRay: 43% (recommended for reliability after DJK,11 starter).
*DJK, 111xxFreeze, B24xxXRAY: 43% (The last 1 has a possibility of whiffing, not recommended).
DJK, 34, 111xxFreeze, jumpbackxxXRAY: 42% (most reliable possibility after DJK, 34).
Difficult but rewarding: DJK, 211+2, JKxxXRAY: 47% (becomes unbreakable after 23%, not too difficult if you are comfortable with landing the 211+2)

@J360 I've done it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I don't know how to use Kitana that well, But I am assuming she can DJP into 21 hit confirm on block into Cutter or Fake out, and on hit do either fan or Lift?
Kit can deep JK all mileena's AA rolls and get 35%

as well as deep jk all d4s

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
from a deep jumpkick...

jumpkickxxfan, 4xxfan, 2xxfan, f2xxcutter 40%
Kitana is the only character I have not tried to work on of even bascially figure out, although I know enough about her from watching others, but that DJK combo for her is deadly man.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
from a deep jumpkick...

jumpkickxxfan, 4xxfan, 2xxfan, f2xxcutter 40%
That does not work if your opponent is ducking or you hit them out of something like d4. You would then get this combo - jk~af, 4fan, f2cutter.. still really good damage though.

Sorry for adding to the kitana thread derail.

Good shit on the DJK stuff ^_^

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
That does not work if your opponent is ducking or you hit them out of something like d4. You would then get this combo - jk~af, 4fan, f2cutter.. still really good damage though.

Sorry for adding to the kitana thread derail.

Good shit on the DJK stuff ^_^
I play both. Haters gonna hate.

I've done this only against a practice dummy ha.

Anyways...
I've gotten into the habit of going in for a 11xxbomb deployment with CSZ after early an jip, and with deep jump kick I just go for a bomb.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
These combos are mediocre at best, nice attempt at creating something useful. Go back to using all your meter on bangports mid combo.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Its just my daily troll on test your might. Don't mind me I'm just doing my job

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk