What's new

Deep jumping

iroku

Noob
OK, so i was browsing TYM forums and i found a post by storms about a situational combo for ermac that envolved a deep jump in punch.

I remember watching a noob vid (i think it was wayy before the last patch tho) where this noob up shadowed and followed it with a deep jump in KICK (not punch) and as the other player went down the noob quickly dashed in and just when he was about to hit the floor the noob followed (the up shadow deep jump in kick) with an F33... this was veeryy quick and it wasnt done in the corner altho it was heading that way...

This is something i haven´t seen anywhere in my online matches (mainly coz this type of crap is impossible to pull online due to lag) but i havent seen it in any combo thread... i kindda feel these deep jumps that were so widely used in past MK games r beeing left out for some reason...

Does anyone use these deep jumps in any type of situation ? or is it just so hard to do it consistently that we shouldn't be bothered ?

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Yes people use the deep jump options. Jump in kicks are safer than jump in punches but they typically lead to less options because they push you away.

I'm guessing the deep kick you are referring to is Jik xx Lift into whatever combos Ermac can do after that. You have to land the kick just before hitting the ground, this will cause the kick to come out and leave you in a position for juggle follow ups.

If you don't want to go for a deep kick because you respect your opponents anti air you can kick them the moment your in range and option an air blast. Characters with air fire ball options can usually take advantage of air cancels earlier in the air.

iroku

Noob
thats exactly what i meant... Jik xx Lift into whatever combos. but not ermac.. ermac sux bad!!!

Sorry sorry.. i dunno why i said that.. i get exited sometimes...

In noobs case it came from an upshadow jik xx f33.

Anyone got a vid on this ? maybe some combos we could explore ?? fromn the looks of it i dont seem to be able to pull this crap...

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Yea i use deep jumps, but the timing is kind of nutty which is why i wish there was gravity on hits (like SFxTkkn).

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I dont use deep jump in kicks for the ex combos.

You can do 212 ex upknee, 3 upknee, 12 upknee, 12 upknee, 12 upknee for the same damage 47%

iroku

Noob
but what if we land the deep jump kick and he gets pushed away, what would be noobs best option there ?

iroku

Noob
well in past MK we could deep kick and combo follow it, and ive seen it done in a couple of videos(one with noob was an upknee possible ex upknee deep kicked jump and comboed it with f33, and that was insane, no way i can do that crap)just dont see it much. mainly coz of how it pushes you away too far. But my main prob would be millena, that little vagina humanoid pisses me of and jump kick works with her, i was just looking for a follow up to it.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
well in past MK we could deep kick and combo follow it, and ive seen it done in a couple of videos(one with noob was an upknee possible ex upknee deep kicked jump and comboed it with f33, and that was insane, no way i can do that crap)just dont see it much. mainly coz of how it pushes you away too far. But my main prob would be millena, that little vagina humanoid pisses me of and jump kick works with her, i was just looking for a follow up to it.
well for online your best bet is to keep it simple the f33 is weird u r probably inputting too fast after the kick try waitin a little bit before pressing

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
well i read this thread the wrong way. What do u guys mean deep jump kick in combos?
Deep jump kicks where you delay the kick so it hits them in the legs or at the bottom of your jump, good for punishing people who look for your neutral jump, and also people who try to poke under cross ups.
Hit it right and they pop up enough to dash and follow up, i think dash 12 12 shadow tackle is a decent combo from a jump in kick.

If they block the kick you can get a throw, similar to jipxxthrow before the patch altered advantage on jip, it wasnt altered for kicks (as far as i can tell) as they still give massive advantage.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Deep jump kicks where you delay the kick so it hits them in the legs or at the bottom of your jump, good for punishing people who look for your neutral jump, and also people who try to poke under cross ups.
Hit it right and they pop up enough to dash and follow up, i think dash 12 12 shadow tackle is a decent combo from a jump in kick.

If they block the kick you can get a throw, similar to jipxxthrow before the patch altered advantage on jip, it wasnt altered for kicks (as far as i can tell) as they still give massive advantage.
can't they easily just aa standing jab u?

Ive seen Erik Warda does this with kabal. he would get a deep jump kick in and do nomans dash into a full combo.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
can't they easily just aa standing jab u?

Ive seen Erik Warda does this with kabal. he would get a deep jump kick in and do nomans dash into a full combo.
Jumping kicks will beat AA's so really this is best of a cross up or from a range where you know your kick is going to beat their AA attack. If they get JIK'ed out of an AA once or twice you can be sure they will hesitate to try anti airing you, so you can get a deep jump kick. This is good for beating stuff that lowers the hitbox more than anything, like mileena d4, jade d3 and such, also anti crossup d1's get beaten.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Jumping kicks will beat AA's so really this is best of a cross up or from a range where you know your kick is going to beat their AA attack. If they get JIK'ed out of an AA once or twice you can be sure they will hesitate to try anti airing you, so you can get a deep jump kick. This is good for beating stuff that lowers the hitbox more than anything, like mileena d4, jade d3 and such, also anti crossup d1's get beaten.
thts the thing though. CD Jr. and KT smith bot AA air me with smokes standing jab and CD Jr does this with jax also.

Skitzo

Noob
I djk when i catch the opponent in the air at times with ND, djk iagb. Sometimes after my f32 also. Also, when people are spamming their pokes like Mileena & Sonya

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Deep Jump Kicks are hard to do online. You can do Jump Kick, D1~Special. In that case, Cage can do Jump Kick, F3~Nut Punch on small hitbox characters and pokers. Mileena can do Jump Kick, D4~Roll combo as well.

iroku

Noob
try deep jump kick 12 d4 special
wait you dont dash in after the deep jump kick hits them in the legs ?? you kick 12 d4 ? i was trying to dash after the kick connects but maybe thats it...