What's new

Dedicated MK2 painted black what should I do ?

Black Painted MK2 should i convert to dedicated MK3

• Try 2 Strip it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Convert to MK3 not UMK3

• keep it black and sell

• Total voters

ctozzi

Noob
I have had mixed results on stripping MK2's in the past due to the white in the decals gets attacked harshly by the stripper. So since it's not a guarantee and it's a major mess to do, i was thinking of buying all dedicated mk3 not UMK3 stuff and do a fully dedicated head to toe MK3.
What I would apply:

full MK3 sideart
MK3 marquee
MK3 control panel art
MK3 Control panel overlay
Move cards
Instruction sticker
coin door sticker

I'm gonna try just the front panel this weekend to test it out and that will be the yay or nay for me, however i'd like to know what you guys wanna see. It's the black cabinet in my newest video.

Chris

ctozzi

Noob
These arcade operators bastardized these mk cabs for other games all over here in Las Vegas, however in the past when i've stripped them for some reason the white in the sideart gets attacked more harshly and absorbs the black instead of simply covering it. So i'm leaning towards saving another MK2 ( 25 i believe now ) but converting into a more rare MK3 decked out from head to toe.
Chris

ctozzi

Noob
I tried to save the MK2 sideart today, but it turned out like crap. So I repainted it black and will move on to turning it into a dedicated MK3.