What's new

decay's sketchbook

Decay

King of the Bill
@Decay

ignore these plebs I will vote with my wallet. I have a commi$$ion for you...ehuehuehuheuhe
We can always discuss

@Decay, are you going to strangers party? If you are, how much would you want if I asked you to draw me a swag-tastic boss grundy on a hat/shirt?
I'll be there with patron ;)
Looks like something out of Gears of War.
I know that concept artist, he's awesome and definitely inspired many of us with his designs

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I feel guilty for not clicking on this thread sooner. It's awesome to see how much practice and flat out work someone has put into something they love to be truly great at it. Keep it up @Decay and try to make them connections!

Decay

King of the Bill
I feel guilty for not clicking on this thread sooner. It's awesome to see how much practice and flat out work someone has put into something they love to be truly great at it. Keep it up @Decay and try to make them connections!
Glad you stopped by. I'm trying my best making connections, I'm a social butterfly so to speak. Thanks again.

Jesus man. You are one talented artist. Did you take lessons as a kid or just practice?
Yo, I appreciate it. My dad is a talented artist who came over from Vietnam and as a young adult he worked a little for DC in an early team working with Atari. So art is in the genetics however I took many figure drawing classes (after failing all my high school art classes) and continued figure drawing/illustration in college. I taught myself how to do digital painting.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Glad you stopped by. I'm trying my best making connections, I'm a social butterfly so to speak. Thanks again.

Yo, I appreciate it. My dad is a talented artist who came over from Vietnam and as a young adult he worked a little for DC in an early team working with Atari. So art is in the genetics however I took many figure drawing classes (after failing all my high school art classes) and continued figure drawing/illustration in college. I taught myself how to do digital painting.
That's amazing man. Great job. Definitely my new favorite artist. When I get enough money for some tattoos I'm gonna have to contact you. If you don't mind lol

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Great work. You can always tell a good sketch artist by the hands. Human hands are some of the hardest and trickiest things to draw.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
@Decay was awesome to meet you at Evo this year man. I forgot to ask if you still do those custom hat orders you posted a while back. I noticed you were rocking your lobo one and xenon his alien one and they look amazing. I have an idea in mind for one if on fact you are still doing them.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
Sketches from Evo.

These are done with Brush pen and loosely and then crosshatching with a fine ballpoint pen. Concept art kinda sketches
Is this what you were doping at EVO when you went MIA?

All kidding aside, these looks pretty tight. I like the shadows on these pieces. Very type.

Decay

King of the Bill
@Decay was awesome to meet you at Evo this year man. I forgot to ask if you still do those custom hat orders you posted a while back. I noticed you were rocking your lobo one and xenon his alien one and they look amazing. I have an idea in mind for one if on fact you are still doing them.
Nice to meet you also. Yeah @AK XEN0M0RPH 's looks awesome. I still do them, just PM me!

Is this what you were doping at EVO when you went MIA?

All kidding aside, these looks pretty tight. I like the shadows on these pieces. Very type.
When I went MIA? I thought someone would have told you. During the 3 days of EVO, I was invited to stay with the NRS art team at a beautiful rented house 10 minutes away from the strip. I was doing a lot of sketching and drinking while I was there.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
Nice to meet you also. Yeah @AK XEN0M0RPH 's looks awesome. I still do them, just PM me!

When I went MIA? I thought someone would have told you. During the 3 days of EVO, I was invited to stay with the NRS art team at a beautiful rented house 10 minutes away from the strip. I was doing a lot of sketching and drinking while I was there.
Yea, that's what I was referring to in regards to the art.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Morning sketches with mechanical pencil. Always down to draw some badass warriors. Make sure to follow my instagram for more artwork if you haven't yet (sketchbrah). Thanks for lookin!
That's looking great, Decay! He looks very cool! KP2? ;)

How long do these sketches take you, typically?

Decay

King of the Bill
That's looking great, Decay! He looks very cool! KP2? ;)

How long do these sketches take you, typically?
Thanks man, something like this only takes about 30 minutes, it's sorta like a gesture sketch and I'll render out enough where I feel like it's understandable and then I'll move on