What's new

decay's sketchbook

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Thanks! No but I am going to do a reptile design because he's my favorite and I hate the reptilian versions of him
I think he works better as a lizard monster in a human disguise.

I don't like the all out reptile-man design they gave him in the 3D games and MK9.

I mean, I liked MKA bandage face Reptile, but I'd still rather he be the other way.

Story-wise, there's no reason for him to need a disguise(nothing revealed at least), but I think its cooler.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11

You guys better love this. Lol if anyone questions my love for mortal kombat, shame on you. This is artwork I found from my memory box and it dates back in grade school!! Yess check the license plate!
haha, hey I didn't know johnny cage trained Scorpion?! :p Great job man. I did an ermac concept other day, man my drawing is so rusty lol....Was going to post it in a new topic but not sure lol. If I find my sculpting pics I'll do it though. Good job. Love the random stuff in the background man.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I want to see Lobo in the "I killed supes t-shirt." As soon as that happens, he must make that his avatar on TYM.

Decay

King of the Bill
Could you draw Darth Vader with half his mask torn off?
Of course I can :)
OMG. Can we get a @Eric Z19 and @Decay II collaboration going to create awesome shirts for MK X.
I would love to, I do designs for T-shirts as well. Here's an example:

I did that drawing for Antoine Vallaint, a very famous professional bodybuilder who I work with and with whom I've become friends. Sorry for the low quality image, he literally just posted the image on his instagram a few hours ago and that's a screen shot from my phone lol.
haha, hey I didn't know johnny cage trained Scorpion?! :p Great job man. I did an ermac concept other day, man my drawing is so rusty lol....Was going to post it in a new topic but not sure lol. If I find my sculpting pics I'll do it though. Good job. Love the random stuff in the background man.
Haha thanks bro, I'm impressed that I wrote the blood code in the license plate when I was that young. Maybe my older brother helped me with that one but I can't remember.
I love the stuff in this thread :)

... For two reasons, the great sketch work from Decay... and the unbridled enthusiasm for DRAWING!!!!!!
Thanks bro!!
Something out of Resident Evil, fucking dope.
Yeah, I love zombies and I love (what used to be) Resident Evil. Not so into the new shit they make but I'm a huuuge fan of zombies.
I want to see Lobo in the "I killed supes t-shirt." As soon as that happens, he must make that his avatar on TYM.
I'll try to work on it, but the first thing I need to do is learn how to beat a zoney Superman
Those are insane, holy shit.
On a semi related note, people like you and Rico inspired me to work out. I'm 2 months deep and it feels so good. Really glad I found this hobby and thanks for being an inspiration man.
Thanks man! Yeah? 2 Months is a pivotal moment when you start seeing some results! I'm really glad you started up and I'm glad you're interested in it, I pray to the gods on Mount Olympus that you receive many blessings in the form of gains.

Decay

King of the Bill
You need to get a job doing this, too many lesser skilled people have very good jobs, you could achieve so much.
I really am trying! I am working on a specific portfolio. Thank you though for your kind words
gurl....
u play video games, sketch (like i do too) and you have a super hot boooooooooowdddday? is u real
Guurl I appreciate the compliment
Awesome sketches man!
Thank you so much ribbz, means a lot

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You need to get a job doing this, too many lesser skilled people have very good jobs, you could achieve so much.

Yeah dude, I mean yesterday(weds when new comics come out) they have a lot of writers, artists there for various days throughout the year, usually every wed. And I met the artist of Godzilla:Rulers of Earth series, he told me you don't need to go to school, but it can't hurt. He said in high school and one college he went too, he did well then went to an art school and they said he sucked lol. So he just kept at it, and got a job. I've also met a few other artists from Image, IDW, and one from older DC books. The guy who drew Green Lantern/Green Arrow series way back.

Most of them don't go to college/art school yet get comic jobs, crazy.

I'm sure @Decay II could definitely get a comic book drawing job if he wanted.

I guess I'll start uploading artwork I've done in here since I've already made a bunch of friends and really like this community. I am an illustrator and I like to work with pens and pencils as well as digital painting. Here's a fan art sketch of Isaac from deadspace.

upload an image

It's done with rollerball pen, ink wash and then scanned and added digital highlights

you are such a fucking nerd man go outside and go to the gym bro sheesh clearly any1 who draws like that has too much time on his hands

DarksydeDash

Of course I can :)

I did that drawing for Antoine Vallaint, a very famous professional bodybuilder who I work with and with whom I've become friends. Sorry for the low quality image, he literally just posted the image on his instagram a few hours ago and that's a screen shot from my phone lol.

Haha thanks bro, I'm impressed that I wrote the blood code in the license plate when I was that young. Maybe my older brother helped me with that one but I can't remember.

Thanks bro!!

Yeah, I love zombies and I love (what used to be) Resident Evil. Not so into the new shit they make but I'm a huuuge fan of zombies.

I'll try to work on it, but the first thing I need to do is learn how to beat a zoney Superman

Thanks man! Yeah? 2 Months is a pivotal moment when you start seeing some results! I'm really glad you started up and I'm glad you're interested in it, I pray to the gods on Mount Olympus that you receive many blessings in the form of gains.
All aboard the sketch hype train? ;)

Decay

King of the Bill
Yeah dude, I mean yesterday(weds when new comics come out) they have a lot of writers, artists there for various days throughout the year, usually every wed. And I met the artist of Godzilla:Rulers of Earth series, he told me you don't need to go to school, but it can't hurt. He said in high school and one college he went too, he did well then went to an art school and they said he sucked lol. So he just kept at it, and got a job. I've also met a few other artists from Image, IDW, and one from older DC books. The guy who drew Green Lantern/Green Arrow series way back.

Most of them don't go to college/art school yet get comic jobs, crazy.

I'm sure @Decay II could definitely get a comic book drawing job if he wanted.
That's great information. I particularly liked art school because of contacts I made and also the emphasis on figure drawing. I also first picked up a wacom tablet in school, but I agree, it isn't for everyone. Thanks for the support, I don't do much comic work but I would love to do concepts.

you are such a fucking nerd man go outside and go to the gym bro sheesh clearly any1 who draws like that has too much time on his hands
Yeah but the gym is for meat head jocks who hate people like us
All aboard the sketch hype train? ;)
I'm seriously ready to do mkx shirts if anyone wants to partner up with me

DarksydeDash

That's great information. I particularly liked art school because of contacts I made and also the emphasis on figure drawing. I also first picked up a wacom tablet in school, but I agree, it isn't for everyone. Thanks for the support, I don't do much comic work but I would love to do concepts.

Yeah but the gym is for meat head jocks who hate people like us

I'm seriously ready to do mkx shirts if anyone wants to partner up with me
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

To be honest, I'm not really sure what I'd be able to bring to the table that you don't already have if we collaborated. Your fineart skills are definitely stronger than mine are. If anything, i'd like you as competition to motivate me :)