What's new

Breakthrough Deathstroke's actual block advantage

Yes.

I obviously cannot tell without the proper equipment, but Low Shots could be anywhere from -5 to +1 full screen away.

Remember that Freddy's Glove Toss also had different frame data depending where on the screen the move was blocked.
It's at least -2 because superman can still punish blocked low shots from full screen

Because Superman's "Super" is two frames startup (or so says Tom Brady...)
I put the computer in reversal mode and set the AI to "Kryptonian Crush".
He could punish blocked low shots from full screen every time.
It doesn't punish high or low guns full screen, Supe's Super is an overhead, are you stand blocking it?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Well I've done a number of DS mirrors (online though, so maybe I'm wrong), but once I block one and retaliate with my own low shots, it seems like we always shoot each others ankles at the same time and only get 1 bullet out.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Well I've done a number of DS mirrors (online though, so maybe I'm wrong), but once I block one and retaliate with my own low shots, it seems like we always shoot each others ankles at the same time and only get 1 bullet out.
Correct.

That is why this mirror match is arguably one of the lamest in fighting game history. It would lose 2K viewers the first five seconds. LOL. Aside from Low Shots, there is not much else to do to win.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Correct.

That is why this mirror match is arguably one of the lamest in fighting game history. It would lose 2K viewers the first five seconds. LOL. Aside from Low Shots, there is not much else to do to win.
The stupid thing is, it's such a slow match too. Since low shots do 6%, 3% each bullet, the Deathstrokes will be suuuuuuper slowly whittling each others HP down from opposite ends of the screen. That is, until one of them realizes that the other one has the health lead and something will have to change.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
As you may or may not know, the in-game block (and hit) advantage data is wrong for all moves with multiple hits. And all of Deathstroke's specials have more that one hit! If you set the AI to do reversals you can get better data (ex. 19F Tantrum Stance punished Sword Flip, 20F Flip Kick couldn't, punish it, so it's -20). It'll have to do until the frame data is fixed :coffee: .

Using the AI reversal stuff.

Quick Fire: -17, MB: -17
(Air) Quick Fire: -6 (really low) to -19 (so high that one bullet misses)
Low Shots: -12, MB: -14
Machine Gun: -20, MB: -20
Sword Spin: -7
Sword Flip: -20

Just as an example, you'd need a move with a startup of 19 to punish Sword Flip.
maybe you guys covered this by Sword spin cannot be punished by any move other than superman SUPER

So why do you guys have it listed -7?
m2dave

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
That blows

So what all moves can punish it?

Flash special
Superman super
.....? And ?
That might be it. Some D1s come out in 6 frames, but I'm not sure if a reversal comes out quicker than a D1 after blocking something. If it does, then Ares can D1 xx Low Trait you for a full combo after Sword Spin. However, considering you would really only use SS during a blockstring already, you'll probably push the opponent far enough away not not have to worry about D1s.

Pig Of The Hut

That might be it. Some D1s come out in 6 frames, but I'm not sure if a reversal comes out quicker than a D1 after blocking something. If it does, then Ares can D1 xx Low Trait you for a full combo after Sword Spin. However, considering you would really only use SS during a blockstring already, you'll probably push the opponent far enough away not not have to worry about D1s.
I feel like its a ridiculous wake up move if can only be punished by 2 moves in the game

I'd use it that way. Ill test the d1 stuff tonight cause d1 to special to combo could be the universal answer

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I feel like its a ridiculous wake up move if can only be punished by 2 moves in the game

I'd use it that way. Ill test the d1 stuff tonight cause d1 to special to combo could be the universal answer
Some D1s are 7 frames and slower. Green Arrow can D1 xx Ice Arrow you, but his D1 is 7 frames, so it shouldnt be able to punish Sword Spin.

And yes, Spin was pretty much designed for wakeups and safening attack strings from my observations. Being that safe on block and having the only invincibility available to Deathstroke basically confirms my thoughts. They put this move in DS's kit for those 2 reasons I'm sure.

Crathen

Death is my business

It's not that ridicolous because it has no vertical hitbox over his head , meaty crossups beat it pretty often but off certain knockdowns he can sword flip ( tho doesn't have invincibility ) you out if the crossup is too meaty so yeah he has a good wakeup game but nothing OP.

Off certain hard knockdowns he hasn't got any wakeup option against crossups so you want to find some of them , pretty much you can have safejumps setups on him , wich he has to block or get blown up.

Pig Of The Hut

Some D1s are 7 frames and slower. Green Arrow can D1 xx Ice Arrow you, but his D1 is 7 frames, so it shouldnt be able to punish Sword Spin.

And yes, Spin was pretty much designed for wakeups and safening attack strings from my observations. Being that safe on block and having the only invincibility available to Deathstroke basically confirms my thoughts. They put this move in DS's kit for those 2 reasons I'm sure.
It's not that ridicolous because it has no vertical hitbox over his head , meaty crossups beat it pretty often but off certain knockdowns he can sword flip ( tho doesn't have invincibility ) you out if the crossup is too meaty so yeah he has a good wakeup game but nothing OP.

Off certain hard knockdowns he hasn't got any wakeup option against crossups so you want to find some of them , pretty much you can have safejumps setups on him , wich he has to block or get blown up.
Sinestro is sooooooooooooo Jealous

DukeofFortuneMan

Some guy with a PS3
I don't think I saw it in the OP, but sword spin in the corner, on hitting a juggled opponent, how many frames plus or minus does Deathstroke get on that?

I've done some really basic testing, because I'm new to him, but a restand in the corner sounds sick for resets, considering his low starter, armored overhead, and crossup normals. Results of testing, if I mash grab or cr.1 after the restand, I can outspeed some decently fast jabs, but I have yet to test it against other cr.1's.