What's new

Strategy deathstroke is still top. proof is here

jimzam

Noob
ok so lately every one has been crying and tearing on death stroke but have any of u actually went into practice and realized the tools he still has? death stroke still has his safe 50/50s that lead to good dmg and knock ur opponent away from u. death stroke still has his broke aa that gets any1 out of the air for free on read. death stroke still needs to be respected on wake up... so what if u cant mindless spam guns and own the cast for free any more. he needed to be balanced and brought down to same level as other chars and now hes fair. death stroke also still has his f23 combo string that gives him mega +frames on block so learn to abuse it!! it gives free 50 /50 set up each time blocked

now with all u read above does this sound like a bad char? NO!! death stroke is still top if u have the brains to use him right. hope this helps u guys trying to re learn his game. just put the guns a side and think this carefully for once... he has lots of other tools

I'd be glad to have Deathstroke turned into a rushdown character!

If I remember reading things correctly, DS is not top because his close-quarters capabilities are meant to be used defensively, not offensively. Since he is a zoner with CQC abilities, and the best of his game was nerfed badly with no good buffs to his CQC as compensation, Deathstroke has dropped down the list.
**grabs popcorn**

-----------------------
Guys, please don't blow up jimzam for his words. He's only trying to help you guys out. ;_;

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I agree that Deathstroke still has solid tools at his disposal, and he's actually got some very good frame-traps to work with. However, any character with a decent WU option can shut that down pretty handily, while Deathstroke's only WU option (Sword Spin) is negated and full-combo punished by cross-ups. Sword Flip is also negated by any aerial attack with even a slightly disjointed hitbox. My Aquaman buddy knocks me out of it all the time with Aquaman's j2.

There's also a difference between being able to "mindlessly spam guns" (which was never the case in high-level play, anyway) and not being able to use guns at all from less than half screen. Deathstroke's guns were his Black Ice, Boot Stomp, and, well, Superman, but NRS neutered him.

Coddfish

Noob
karaokelove has pretty much covered what I came here to say.

While I disagree with others that Deathstroke is completely useless now, it's hard to argue that the nerfs were unwarranted and that his overall gameplan hasn't suffered as a result. Sure, he has some decent tools up close; but bluntly, other characters do this better. Having safe 50/50s in this game isn't really anything special in this game.

What made Deathstroke good and interesting to play wasn't just "braindead gun spam" - it was the combination of his zoning tools and up close, and the synergy between them.

His zoning wasn't foolproof, and any decent player could get past it. We're upset because this half of his gameplan has been neutered because of online warriors (DS is admittedly ridiculous in a laggy environment, but that's not something to balance a game around) and scrubs who'd rather send hatemail than learn to deal with strategies they can't beat. And the worst part is, the good players are still going to beat the bad players, and the bad players will still complain about "spamming" - so essentially, Stroke got kicked in the balls for no good reason. Was Deathstroke good before? Definitely. Broken? Questionable, especially alongside the likes of Superman and Black Adam (I'm not saying these are characters that need to nerfed; I'm saying that Deathstroke was far from a league of his own).

I highly doubt anyone would have cared that DS got nerfed if superman and the S tier gang got it just as bad.

Deathstroke is still a sick char, if u believe otherwise u cant play for shit. Is he as good as he was? No, but still undeniably viable against the vast majority of the cast.

Btw i dont think this nerf had anything to do with online scrubs, because theyre still going to get mowed down by 1/4 screen LGS anyway lol.

If people would stop comparing him to black adam supes and aquaman theyd realize how good he still is.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I hate when people tell us DS players to adapt. And I know it wasn't specifically said that way in the original post, but "re learn the game" and "think this carefully for once" is the same thing.

Why must WE adapt for everyone else's incompetence? YOU guys should have been the ones adapting. Learn how to get around the ****ing guns. It's possible. And I don't know if any of you realize, but his up close game took a hit too as a result of the guns nerf.

Amadeous

Noob
ok so lately every one has been crying and tearing on death stroke but have any of u actually went into practice and realized the tools he still has? death stroke still has his safe 50/50s that lead to good dmg and knock ur opponent away from u. death stroke still has his broke aa that gets any1 out of the air for free on read. death stroke still needs to be respected on wake up... so what if u cant mindless spam guns and own the cast for free any more. he needed to be balanced and brought down to same level as other chars and now hes fair. death stroke also still has his f23 combo string that gives him mega +frames on block so learn to abuse it!! it gives free 50 /50 set up each time blocked

now with all u read above does this sound like a bad char? NO!! death stroke is still top if u have the brains to use him right. hope this helps u guys trying to re learn his game. just put the guns a side and think this carefully for once... he has lots of other tools
How is this proof? You just stated your empty opinion.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I hate when people tell us DS players to adapt. And I know it wasn't specifically said that way in the original post, but "re learn the game" and "think this carefully for once" is the same thing.

Why must WE adapt for everyone else's incompetence? YOU guys should have been the ones adapting. Learn how to get around the ****ing guns. It's possible. And I don't know if any of you realize, but his up close game took a hit too as a result of the guns nerf.
No one better tell me to adapt. I played Noob Saibot at a high competitive level and placed consistently high at tournaments/majors (w/o my tournament nerves kicking in) for 2 years. He is bottom 10 in mk9. NO ONE better not give me lip.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
yes deathstroke is still viable but his playstyle has totally changed and is forcing me to lose interest in him. i personally always liked playing zoners and he doesnt seem very viable as a zoner anymore. i dont want to rush down, i was never a fan of rushing down unless there is a huge opening for it or if it is absolutely necessary.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
yes deathstroke is still viable but his playstyle has totally changed and is forcing me to lose interest in him. i personally always liked playing zoners and he doesnt seem very viable as a zoner anymore. i dont want to rush down, i was never a fan of rushing down unless there is a huge opening for it or if it is absolutely necessary.
I don't want to sound pretentious, but anyone under A+ tier isn't all that viable in IGAU. His offensive game is okay at best and now his zoning game is ass.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
the thing is i used these tools like f3 +10 on block and f23 +9 on block and they did work. only problem is they aren't really all that great when a lot of characters can backdash out of it or d1 out of b1u2

I honestly don't understand how anyone could be a fan of the zoning play style. It's almost like admitting your execution is weak, so your last resort is to throw projectiles across the screen feverishly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Amadeous

Noob
I honestly don't understand how anyone could be a fan of the zoning play style. It's almost like admitting your execution is weak, so your last resort is to throw projectiles across the screen feverishly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Zoning requires more execution do do correctly. Not against randoms online.

Well it is a little easier in IGAU I guess. but whatever works works. I find zoning more fun.