What's new

Match-up Discussion Deathstroke community MU chart thread/discussion

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Dude, what the fuck? Lol your combos are crazy. Very nice. What is your highest damage in the corner using 1 bar of meter? I can't get beyond 47% (48% if I end in sword spin but that's never a good idea)
I can get a 1 bar 53% on big characters that starts with a ji3. Though i can probably bring that up using non conventional methods. The 1 bar 47% on small characters is pretty much the standard bnb. Im pretty sure i can get bigger though. Going into the lab now.

EDIT: just nailed a 1 bar 50% on small characters..

uf3, uf3, 12~db3 MB, 323, f23~df3... Character has to be jumping when hit with the first uf3.

Last edited:

L1FTER

Noob
Alright I had a very long set with a Shazam player and feels like it is definitely 6-4. However I am curious if there's a way to deal with wakeup teleports, what are some of the ways to punish people for this?

Alright I had a very long set with a Shazam player and feels like it is definitely 6-4. However I am curious if there's a way to deal with wakeup teleports, what are some of the ways to punish people for this?

shoot guns, wait a second and shoot your high guns, or if you space yourself you could to 323, i would do f23 though because letting shazam touch you is bad

Yoaks

A spaceman
Lobo-Deathstroke seems like the most even match up in the whole game (not being biased at all). It's also my Numero uno favorite match up in the game.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
If you have them in the corner and they do a wakeup teleport towards midscreen, you can do a jump back 3 (if you time it right) and it will hit them for combo. You have to anticipate it though.

ryublaze

Noob
to add on to @TONY-T 's post, if u end ur midscreen combos with 12 sword flip, dash forward twice u can either jump back or jump forward and do a jump 3 to punish his teleport. in the corner do what TONY-T said and u can also neutral jump 3 if he teleports into the corner. if u want to zone him out then end with f23 sword flip and if he does teleport midscreen then punish with MB high guns.

Also for swag points if u do b22 sword spin it'll auto correct into sword flip if he does the forward teleport :p (not really worth it cuz he can punish it for full combo if he does wake-up grab or away tele)

Vagrant

Noob
Batman: 5-5
Black Adam: 6-4
Nightwing: 6-4
Grundy: 5-5
Wonder Woman: 5-5

I have B man at 4-6 (I've admittedly always been pretty bad at this matchup though, I feel like bats mess up the whole spacing game)
I have BA at 5-5, (very curious of your reasoning on this matchup.)
I have NW at 5-5 (I'll defer to you on this)
I have grundy at 6-4 (I'll defer to you on this)
I strongly feel WW is a 4-6

Other than that we agree on pretty much everything else. I like that you kept Cyborg even. Not many players know that Cyborg can actually hold his own in this matchup.

L1FTER

Noob
So after attending TFC this weekend there's a few MU's I could use some advice on. Superman is a character I struggle with mainly in the corner since I have no idea how to block dive bombs and when he's pressuring me with f23 what is the solution to it? I played a few matches with Darth Arma's batman and him being so good his trait really put a dent in my zoning. Any tips on how to approach these character would be much appreciated.

So after attending TFC this weekend there's a few MU's I could use some advice on. Superman is a character I struggle with mainly in the corner since I have no idea how to block dive bombs and when he's pressuring me with f23 what is the solution to it? I played a few matches with Darth Arma's batman and him being so good his trait really put a dent in my zoning. Any tips on how to approach these character would be much appreciated.
From what I remember you were relying on zoning too much. They matches you did take off of me were because you played aggressive and went in there. Also try to mix up your zoning options and don't be as predictable. It may not seem like it, but I was just guessing when you were going to go for zoning, so I would release trait and jump in. If I guessed wrong, you clip my feet with some gun shots, but if I guess right, I get a full combo punish into a vortex set up.