What's new

Death Cargo (new fighting game)

Goku

Noob
As I was browsing the web yesterday, I came across this fighting game that appears to be in development. It has highly realistic graphics, pretty-good fighting mechanics, discusting finishing moves, and will be released for PC ONLY (BUMMER :(). Here is a couple YouTube videos of the game.

(Video of a demo that was due for release.)

(This is not proper gameplay, just a video of the character in training stage.)

I thought I would post it here since it has the old-school vibe per say.

P.S. IF there is already a thread about this I apologize. I realized now that this game is getting more attention through its development. The company NECROSTORM has a forum. www.necrostorm.forumfree.it or their official website www.necrostorm.com

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
hahahaha that fatality in video 2 was kinda ridiculous. game has great graphics though. hard to get an idea of the core gameplay when one person fights a neutral cpu though.

and god damn that PC controller being used is ABOMINABLE! i know, i had one when i was young and i couldn't even play street fighter 2 with it.

be interesting to see if this gets bigger though.

gdf

Noob
This seems to focus on horror and suspense for it's gruesome qualities. And the soundtrack also makes it focus on horror.
Not really a brawl fest, more like Silent Hill fused with Street Fighter.

EDIT: Now that I look at the main website, I honestly am not appealed at all to any of this franchise. It's just a sci-fi horror game, plain and simple.

Goku

Noob
Hmm I think it appears atleast average. I definetely will pick it up, even if it is not of the best quality. Just to show my support for new Indie developers and as I said the game IMO looks kickass. The people on their forum do not seem to be very fond of MK, which pissed me off.

Goku

Noob
How can you say the garbage without even playing it though? I mean you can have your opinion based off looks but until you play it is not really fair to judge and say it will "fail or suck"

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
How can you say the garbage without even playing it though? I mean you can have your opinion based off looks but until you play it is not really fair to judge and say it will "fail or suck"
an alpha beta was released, and in general it just seems mega tacky.

theyre selling it on gore alone and thats a bad idea.

Goku

Noob
Are you referring to the one in August? Because there have been many ones released on their forum and they consistently take the suggestions and apply them to the final complete version of the game. And they are not selling it on gore alone, they have given descriptions of gameplay and have released several of the betas and the gameplay is definetley not bad. It is balanced, you have to spend some time learning combos, then don't just come from outer space, and it plays very fast & smooth. But because the game does not have a Street Fighter label on it, people are not willing to give it a chance. -_-