What's new

Dear NRS and Kano Nation

Error

DF2+R2
It's one of the main reasons 24 being a command grab tick is so good.
Turns out 24 and 11 command grab vs 241+3 and 112 can be fuzzied by letting go of block quickly then blocking again, even allowing you to flawless block the 3rd hit of the string, so there's really no mix there unless he again, commits to kano ball.

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
i dont know.....i never have a problem with kano and i treat kano like he is S+ Tier.. yall just cant utilize him well enough. A lot of players say they hate fighting my kano (especially in kompetitive) because he is unpredictable and WE HAVE SOOO MANY OPTIONS. my biggest adversary is at the moment kung lao but even he can be teched and punished with some patience and labwork. lui kang is also not an issue anymore . Kano is top notch in this game...a far cry from the uphill battle i thought it would be in one of my pre-release posts.

CO-KANO

and before someone else goes on about how i only fight 'SCRUBS," the only scrub i fight is scrub zero. and I accept every single match...have never declined one and even people with a 50:1 win/loss ratio. anybody kan be victimized by kano.

CO-KANO

Yeah Kano Parry should do more damage or like Liu , combo extend
kano easily does enough damage with his donkey kick (x2-3) wheel kick,1.....2,4 on block canceled to lumbar check in the corner is no joke and that is my definition of jailing an opponent...lock him up the corner with him crouch blocking, 2,4 lumbar check then block or scoot back and prepare for a wake up attack. keep eye on oppponents mmeters and getup delays/rolls and grab/throw forward to keep in the corner and donkey kick multiple times, wheel kick repeat and defeat...

Been awhile since I've checked TYM.

So.....I've been grinding Kano and I just realized that I haven't encountered another Kano player in weeks. Where ya'll at? Let me guess, you guys joined Cowboy and Banana nation. SMH

CO-KANO

Been awhile since I've checked TYM.

So.....I've been grinding Kano and I just realized that I haven't encountered another Kano player in weeks. Where ya'll at? Let me guess, you guys joined Cowboy and Banana nation. SMH

Im still here my friend

Actually asking for a mid command grab isn't asking for much, considering all his moves highs. no low string starters, and nothing jails.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Why does Kano lose the 2,4,1 and 2,2,3 strings when Manhandled is equipped? He could use the mix-up.

Why is Manhandled a special move to begin with? Why limit character strings just because...?

Stupid.

And he wouldn't become a monster just because his special throw is a mid.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Dear NRS and Kano Nation,

My name is BestNightmare and I’ve been loyal to Kano since MK1. Many know me as the dirtiest, cheesiest, slimmest player around because Kano is an old dirty bastard like myself. Kano Nation and I have never complained about the crappy character you all continue to provide us. We dealt with a crappy Kano in MK9, we never complained. We dealt with a sub-par Kano in MKX, (Which you all unnecessarily nerfed to hell) and we didn’t complain. We do our due diligence and find ways to win, by any means necessary because we embody the scumbaggery of the character. It KILLS me to say this but this ABSOLUTELY SHIT! Normally I would discourage a player from yelling nerfs and buff, but this version of Kano is by far the WORST Kano ever. My question to the NRS team is, did you all forget to finish this character? Did you all rush this character and forgot to add the rest of his moves? This character is by far the most incomplete and unfinished character I’ve ever played in any fighting game.

I come from the old school era before we knew what nerfs and buffs meant. I’m the type of player who exhausts all their resources and never blame the character. I always look at myself as the player and ask myself “Is it me? What can I do better?” I feel robbed for the learning experience because you all gave me a completely unfinished character with no tools and moves that make no sense.

I like the direction yall are moving toward and like the risky play-style. Right now, Kano has high risk and Zero reward. I’m listing a list of FAIR and LOGICAL suggesting to help make Kano the scum bag he was meant to be.
  • Kano has no good mid attacks which would add layers to his game. Kano 22 and 24 should be mid. Also, the first or second hit of 22 should be a tick grab which would make the opponent guess and pressure them. Right now, Kano gets nothing on hit because all his moves are high.
  • All of Kano moves have crazy push back which is counterproductive as a brawler. Reduce push back on Kano strings on hit, so Kano can stay in the fight.
  • 112 string needs to be cancelable. It’ll add more spice and layers to his game.
  • NO MOVE SHOULD BE A DOUBLE HIGH! Kano F12 is the worst move I’ve ever seen. Make Kano F1 a mid and a tick grab. This would give kano the neutral tool he is lack. The move distance is great and would give him a chance to compete in neutral/maintain the space he needs to occupy.
  • Command grab should have more range (Look at Geras) and/or should be mid.
  • Kano F2 and F3 are both super unsafe. F2 should be extremely punishable but have more reward. F2 should lead in a combo, for example, F2-112- Kano Ball. F3 should be safe on block.
  • Kano ball has Zero priority and whiffs. Everything beats or interrupt this move on startup or mid ball. What’s the point in doing a yolo ball or checking someone if it doesn’t work? The move is super punishable and does shit damage for the risk. Make it have priority and fix the hurt box.
  • Decent projectile but don’t fit a brawler. Projectile should do 7% damage (Like Baraka) not 6%. Kano needs to induce stress and force the trade. Many characters have way faster projectiles and do 6% damage, so Kano can’t force a trade or situation. Which is also why Kano F3 should be safe. Either make his F3 safe on block so we don’t get blown up for using the move or make his projectile do slightly more damage so we can walk in and trade.
  • Kano ball should travel full screen
  • Kano B1 feels worthless. Make this make a fast counter-poking mid or make it into a string. For example, B1 into b2.
  • Delete his second variation, no hope in saving it. This is a prime example of making him feel incomplete and unfinished. The move where he throws piss do the same thing as B1 and doesn’t jail into anything (Which is also why I’m asking for reduced pushback). His Kano ball buff is decent but lacking (Give it better properties, maybe safe on block?). The Cocktail move is useless. Also, why take away his F4 OH into F4?
  • His F2 gets D2’ed and get hit by high attacks. No excuse for this, fix this.
  • His tick grab doesn’t always tick on block. It’s very inconsistent and the player can mash on block. Either make it the grab faster and/or adjust the frames.
  • Airball feels unfinished.
  • Kano B3 feels so good but is lacking. It's not dependable in neutral because it's to slow and opponents have better/longer strings/normals than Kano. Make B3 cancelable on block to give it more depth.
  • Seeing Liu Kang do 600% DAMAGE from a parry makes me salty asf. At least let Kano hold down his parry or something. Just an observation...Just saying...
I feel like this is extremely reasonable and would make him competitive. So many characters have great advancing strings and cancelable strings/normals which add depth/layers the character. Kano is lacking in both areas and my suggests would give him the layers needed. Right now Kano has Zero Meta, Zero Neutral, Zero Brawl, and Zero Yolo.

We are two weeks in the game and I recognize the problems, the sad part is that I didn't even list all the problems I found. You guys can continue lying about how Kano is fine but In a few weeks, Kano will be worthless. Enjoy the few fraudulent matches you can win now because in a few weeks you won't be able to beat a semi-good player.

My Twitch name is BestNightmare007 and PSN is BestNightmare.

Kano Nation please tag and blow up NRS social media!

Stay scummy Kano Nation.
I actually think these are the wrong ways to buff Kano IMO, and I don't at all think Dirtbag is beyond saving. It would require the introduction of new mechanics though.

All inconsistencies should be addressed for sure.

Command Grab should be a mid.

112 should not be special cancelable. Hear me out as to why here later on.

f12b2 should definitely be high mid mid.

I think f2 should be unsafe.

b2 should be safe.

b3 is fine.

Here's what I'd personally do.

241 is a corner launcher in variations not Ripper

223 in any variation not ripper is +30 on hit and special cancelable into Dirtbag molotovs only

221+3 MB in Ripper is a knockdown that completely locks the opponent out of all wakeup options except delayed wakeup.

f3ud4 does 3% DOT on top of it's 15% up front.

b3 KB is usable in kounter hit combos only, so you'd be able to do like, b2 whiff punish into b3.

I don't think 112 needs to be special cancelable because it's obvious his design is more oriented around working fishing for 22/24, so I feel like keeping it a tool to help condition you towards 22 shimmies would be better.