What's new

Dealing With Stream Setups, Tourney Stations, and Lag

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yes, and if I remember correctly they were unplayable and had to be switched to ASUS.
I remember people bitching about them, but MLG had a contract with them, so I doubt they got switched. I can't confirm nor deny that, nor do I really care to be honest. BenQ are alright when set up right.

FunkyP

Noob
BenQ released a new line of monitors last fall that from initial impressions are looking to have less delay than the ASUS ones. They are much more expensive though.

FunkyP

Noob
The BenQ GW24XX I believe has under 8ms of lag, making it faster than the VH236H. The RL24XX I believe has some of the least delay of any 3D monitor out now too.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Here are some pictures of the testing soonk and I did about a month ago. This first set compares the Evo monitor (Asus VH236H) to the BenQ GL2450HM (MLG) monitor. From these pictures (taken with a Cannon T3i), the exact frames line up in each shot to the best we could tell...

The next few show the same 2 monitors in the test, but the signal was split an additional time by this splitter ( http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011306&p_id=7522&seq=1&format=2 )to see if it added any noticeable frames of difference: (We didn't notice any difference by adding the splitter)

Finally, this last set of pictures shows a second monitor of the exact same type and model #, but the second monitor is being fed a signal through a 50ft hdmi cable. There was noticeable lag in this set, at least to us, judging by the pictures:

Hopefully this helps...