What's new

Strategy Dealing With runaway DD

TheRFG

Noob
I'm actually having some trouble with DD right now. This guy just walks away and times his d1 to beat my jump in reach, if i dash he times shoulder charge. Then he goes right into the ground smash whatever it's called. If he's not in reach with d1 all he does is shoulder charge MB into d1 all over again.

Once I get him in the vortex he can't get out without MB.

What strings or timing have you guys used against him

I either get the mixup b2d1 or b12. Frequently i have to get the d1 into bf3 MB to get him. he blasts his trait, and takes advantage of the timing on the mb should charge.

Tips?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
If DD runs away why should you go after him? He can't chip you from a distance. Just spam him with everything you got and wait to punish supernova with mb b3 or front dash.

Against traited doomsday when all else fails just block high, pushblock and break throws. He has time to throw like 2 earth shakes max which do 2% on low hit.

Also iirc that multistab move of batgirls seems to lock down doomsday in his trait quite well. I can't guarantee this since I don't have anyone to practice with and had to test it against the hardest AI :(

TheRyzzl

Noob
I think hes talking about me. Sorry I was playing like that. If i go all crazy rush down on batgirls they just dd3 and full combo me if they choose to mb it. also if you want a blow up against my mb venom use that cartwheel move. its multi hitting and blows up mb venom pretty well. I do wish though i started abusing air grab more seemed to work like a charm in that last match. GG's dude.

TheRFG

Noob
indeed it was you! I normally don't get rocked like that, so I was using you to train lol. I don't see how i could have had an advantage there at all. You did well

TheRFG

Noob
Also iirc that multistab move of batgirls seems to lock down doomsday in his trait quite well. I can't guarantee this since I don't have anyone to practice with and had to test it against the hardest AI :(

Yeah that's her bf3 MB. on block it hits once, and quite a few when it connects and it ends with an uppercut. The uppercut hits them high enough for a b3 or other combo, which is nice. But if it's to early in DD's trait the uppercut hits the trait and leaves batgirl open to punish, so timing that correct is key. Batterang's don't do anything really to help against his trait.