What's new

Strategy Dealing with Deathstroke's zoning

JRosa21

Noob
yeah i'm not sure at all about any of his mechanics... he seemed to be able to do good damage though... btw good stuff at the break.
Thanks man I really appreciate it. All tips and advice in this game are welcome if you have any. This is gonna be a fun adventure. Interesting side note: This is my first fighting game forum..I'm not even on srk. lol

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Thanks man I really appreciate it. All tips and advice in this game are welcome if you have any. This is gonna be a fun adventure. Interesting side note: This is my first fighting game forum..I'm not even on srk. lol
lol I'm new to this one and am still learning the matchups myself. I'm maining Batman so his strategy is mainly getting in with Bats to cover right now... I did find out something dirty that when you're put in a block string you can push block out and release bats to go into a full combo. I haven't messed with GL at all yet so I wouldn't be qualified for MU advice there. I'm digging this game though cuz it's so different than any other FG i've played. ( I think 20-30% damage off interactables is a bit much though haha) communtiy here seems ok but there are a lot of ppl who don't wanna put work in and just think nerfing a week old game is the way to go. same as srk though. :rolleyes:

JRosa21

Noob
lol I'm new to this one and am still learning the matchups myself. I'm maining Batman so his strategy is mainly getting in with Bats to cover right now... I did find out something dirty that when you're put in a block string you can push block out and release bats to go into a full combo. I haven't messed with GL at all yet so I wouldn't be qualified for MU advice there. I'm digging this game though cuz it's so different than any other FG i've played. ( I think 20-30% damage off interactables is a bit much though haha) communtiy here seems ok but there are a lot of ppl who don't wanna put work in and just think nerfing a week old game is the way to go. same as srk though. :rolleyes:
yeah the interactables are a bit much...maybe nerf those damage wise but keep them in for unique playstyles and reads and such. I wouldn't call for many nerfs quite yet, give the game a month then we can really discuss what's broken about this game.

Reactions: Jy0

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
yeah the interactables are a bit much...maybe nerf those damage wise but keep them in for unique playstyles and reads and such. I wouldn't call for much nerfs quite yet, give the game a month then we can really discuss what's broken about this game.
agreed. btw is there any logical reason morrigan's shadow super still allows her to gain meter unlike any other install super lol

JRosa21

Noob
agreed. btw is there any logical reason morrigan's shadow super still allows her to gain meter unlike any other install super lol
there are other install supers that allow you to gain meter. Firebrand has one as well. Hsien Ko also I believe. I got lucky I guess, I play the characters I like and they just happen to be super good. (except for spiderman.)

Reactions: Jy0

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
there are other install supers that allow you to gain meter. Firebrand has one as well. Hsien Ko also I believe. I got lucky I guess, I play the characters I like and they just happen to be super good. (except for spiderman.)
i know i know i's just trolling a little. ;) you know if Jason is gonna keep streaming IGAU?

Rip

Noob
At a competitive level, DS is hard to deal with. Not impossible, but very difficult atm (even though I know how to approach the majority of the matchup). At the casual level though, he is probably ruining the game for a lot of players - so I think NRS will probably patch him.

Also, as a Noob player who did place in tourneys, I am positive that DS is better overall than Noob was. Noobs nerfs/buffs did make him near useless in the end though, so longterm, DS may need to stay closer to where he is now than major nerfs. Noob always had bad matchups that could punish the projectiles on block at half screen. I dont know if anyone can do that to DS, but if they could, then more ppl could just pick a better matchup against the character.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
At a competitive level, DS is hard to deal with. Not impossible, but very difficult atm (even though I know how to approach the majority of the matchup). At the casual level though, he is probably ruining the game for a lot of players - so I think NRS will probably patch him.

Also, as a Noob player who did place in tourneys, I am positive that DS is better overall than Noob was. Noobs nerfs/buffs did make him near useless in the end though, so longterm, DS may need to stay closer to where he is now than major nerfs. Noob always had bad matchups that could punish the projectiles on block at half screen. I dont know if anyone can do that to DS, but if they could, then more ppl could just pick a better matchup against the character.
yes there are characters who can punish from half screen. and some that can punish 3/4 screen

Rip

Noob
yes there are characters who can punish from half screen. and some that can punish 3/4 screen
Examples? I'd like to know specific examples so I can try to setup a good counter character matchup with one of those characters depending on their playstyles

sea_guy

Monitor
Examples? I'd like to know specific examples so I can try to setup a good counter character matchup with one of those characters depending on their playstyles
Nightwing's ground pound can punish standing guns from full screen. Flash psycho crusher can punish from 3/4 screen.

I feel like Nightwing, Flash, Ares, and Wonder Woman have all the tools to make that matchup strongly in their favor. Ares has his teleport, while WW has the best parry in the game, an air dash and a safe on block divekick to get in.

Reactions: Rip

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Just walk and block walk and block and repeat, be patient .... :joker:.

Rip

Noob
Nightwing's ground pound can punish standing guns from full screen. Flash psycho crusher can punish from 3/4 screen.

I feel like Nightwing, Flash, Ares, and Wonder Woman have all the tools to make that matchup strongly in their favor. Ares has his teleport, while WW has the best parry in the game, an air dash and a safe on block divekick to get in.
Thx for the specific examples. I'll probably try out Nightwing and Flash since I've messed with each of them already.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
Do you think it's easier to stand block zoning on reaction (without moving backwards) with fightstick or pad or is it all preference? I can't for the life of me block all things while walking forward. This is my first back-to-block game that I play regularly though so maybe that is why.