What's new

Question - Scorpion Dealing with cross ups

Im having trouble dealing with cross over jump punches. I know that standing 3, njp, and down 1, and possibly stand one are options. Maybe trying to low profile with a poke? I have tried the lab this, but in a real match my move gets beat out. Are their some jump ins that you should not challenge? (Sub zero, kotal, sonya, cassie , lao ) the only anti air that works for me consistently in njp wt ninjutsu. Basically anti airing in general is a major weakness of mine. Looking for exection tips or practice mode tips from the community other than recording the dummy.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Uppercut and S3 are your best friends for anti-crossups. Another thing you can do is move forward as they jump, so that if they throw out a jump attack before they land, they'll be stuck in recovery frames allowing you to net a combo.

I also use EX Teleport to challenge cross-ups, but at 21 frames, it's not the fastest option so be wary of using it.

Matix218

Get over here!
In my experience the only jump over punch that I would say "just block" is sub zeros. I always seem to get stuffed with stand 3, d2, d1, anything... if you predict a sub jump over you can obviously njp but that would be a read. Most other characters you should do fine with stand 3 or d2

Tweedy

Noob
NJPs on a read is a great option, especially since jump kicks are sometimes too hard to anti air on cross ups, and some characters like Ermac, Mileena, Kano and Kenshi, literally have jump attacks that do not need to auto correct.

Im definetly getting beat out on uppercut. I think that i was not walking forward a hair kind of like mk9 style. Thank you for all the responses. Im always lurking in the forums and in the streams and I appreaciate all the posts and players streams of scorpion.