What's new

Strategy Dealing With Certain Gimmicks as Grundy

Hopefully, in this thread we can help and discuss Grundy options to deal with certain BS and talk about appropriate punishes. (If there's a copy thread, I don't know about it)

First up, I need to know a good option to nullify DD's unblockable. I know you can dash but dashing under doesn't seem to work for me online and we all know Grundy's backdash is pretty bad. I try to Walking Corpse into D2 but that's not consistent. How do you deal with them?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
MB b.3
I thought this was about dealing with Grounds stuff.
Like his damn 60% combo reset ._.
Ima go explore now

MB b.3
I thought this was about dealing with Grounds stuff.
Like his damn 60% combo reset ._.
Ima go explore now
Don't get hit by it.

DD's supernova is easy to deal with you can walking corpse and not cancel it and still punish a lot of the time. d2 isn't a good choice for a punish either. walking corpse cancel if you walk past him if not 112 59% combo. Good doomsday's will almost never use it.

Superman.

Tell me how to deal with THAT gimmick, and I'll tell you the secrets of eternity.
Depends on the style of the superman.

main goal is to get a trait active against him asap. If he's trying to zone you WCC air shots and punish. Use defense change against him to mitigate his zoning damage. If he uses trait you have to be patient and dash when you can. Against ground zoning you can hit with a mb swamp hands if you make a read. If he's rushing you mb trait after a f23 breath if he goes for another f23. aa grab him when he air dashes. Try to delay inputing the cancel on walking corpse until you confirm which side he'll be on. If he jumps more than likely he'll air dash past you to cross up inputs. on wakeup block and you can full combo punish df 1 and df 2. on f23 pressure d1 if he does anything but breath you'll blow it up. if he does breath you'll block.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Depends on the style of the superman.

main goal is to get a trait active against him asap. If he's trying to zone you WCC air shots and punish. Use defense change against him to mitigate his zoning damage. If he uses trait you have to be patient and dash when you can. Against ground zoning you can hit with a mb swamp hands if you make a read. If he's rushing you mb trait after a f23 breath if he goes for another f23. aa grab him when he air dashes. Try to delay inputing the cancel on walking corpse until you confirm which side he'll be on. If he jumps more than likely he'll air dash past you to cross up inputs. on wakeup block and you can full combo punish df 1 and df 2. on f23 pressure d1 if he does anything but breath you'll blow it up. if he does breath you'll block.

...Fuck. That is excellent advice.
Many thanks to you, good King. I'll hit the lab and test it out tonight.
From what I understand, he's one of his worst MU's, so if I'm planning to full-blown co-main him, I need to be as prepared as possible. Doomy and Slade only get me so far, so the more ways I can fight him, the better.