What's new

Question - Summoner Dealing with B2 and Puggles Low swipe

Xerclipse

"I saw you staring"
So guys, as you all know, Quan Chi has a b2 which is an overhead, and a Low puggle swipe. However since the Puggles input is independant from Quan Chi, those two moves can happen at once. My Summoner is still new, its not as good as the other characters I am comfortable with.

I just started picking up Summoner. Once I learned online that you can do b2 and dLT the same time, I thought "Oh gosh, that is a really broken set up." The timing of it is very weird to me. I know the timing of the OH and the Low can vary.

So the question is this: How do you deal with b2 and dLT the same time with puggles? Someone like me does not have the execution perfected yet. However the partial execution could screw over opponents. The timing is very different and I can't even tell what move will hit first.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
uhhh Down + stance change slightly before B2, man
training mode shows what hits first.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
So guys, as you all know, Quan Chi has a b2 which is an overhead, and a Low puggle swipe. However since the Puggles input is independant from Quan Chi, those two moves can happen at once. My Summoner is still new, its not as good as the other characters I am comfortable with.

I just started picking up Summoner. Once I learned online that you can do b2 and dLT the same time, I thought "Oh gosh, that is a really broken set up." The timing of it is very weird to me. I know the timing of the OH and the Low can vary.

So the question is this: How do you deal with b2 and dLT the same time with puggles? Someone like me does not have the execution perfected yet. However the partial execution could screw over opponents. The timing is very different and I can't even tell what move will hit first.
You dont want it to hit at the same time. if it hits at the same time they can block in by just stand blocking, no mix up there. you want to time it so its about a frame or two apart

uhhh Down + stance change slightly before B2, man
training mode shows what hits first.
Not always. I can time it so that the b2 hits first and it still combos into trance, so it should always be a guess as well as a hard-to-blockable. When b2 hits first you have to space yourself right (I usually set it up with either f21 or 4 or f4 on hit) because trance doesn't have a hitbox right under Quan's hand.

Not always. I can time it so that the b2 hits first and it still combos into trance, so it should always be a guess as well as a hard-to-blockable. When b2 hits first you have to space yourself right (I usually set it up with either f21 or 4 or f4 on hit) because trance doesn't have a hitbox right under Quan's hand.
so if you're further away then the B2 can hit first?

Do you want to know how to block it or how to input it correctly?
A. If u wanna block its either Low into Overhead or Overhead into Low its a straight guess You can't react to the First Hit (the B2 or the Bat)

B. The easiest way to set it up is after a D3 or f21 ,u instantly either send puggles and do the Overhead = DLT ~ b2 or Go for the overhead first and then puggles = B2 ~ DLT.

so if you're further away then the B2 can hit first?
Not necessarily. That depends on your timing. But in order for trance to connect (b2xxtrance, while low bat will hit him in between b2 and trance) with the weird low to the ground hitbox of your opponent falling after he is hit with a low bat, you need to be a little further away, as trance doesn't have a hitbox right under Quan's hand:/

Do you want to know how to block it or how to input it correctly?
A. If u wanna block its either Low into Overhead or Overhead into Low its a straight guess You can't react to the First Hit (the B2 or the Bat)

B. The easiest way to set it up is after a D3 or f21 ,u instantly either send puggles and do the Overhead = DLT ~ b2 or Go for the overhead first and then puggles = B2 ~ DLT.
If you do b2 first and then press dLt, it will be overhead low, but easy to block and the trance won't connect. You need to do DLt and than almost instantly b2, like almost at the same time. Than it will be a couple of frames apart overhead low which leads to a full combo.

Those pseudo unblockables, can be mastered if you practice then a lot, but when you do the result can be very fun (from the point of view of the one using Quan)... Trying to make it naked from midscreen is kind of risky, cause as soon as Quan rise the sword (D2), he will eat a combo if the opponent is aware of your intentions. As early suggested here is way better to start it after you get the opponent with Trance, then do: d3, L2 (down still pressed) ~ b2.
For people with bad reflexes or lack of knowledge of the MU it will hit almost every time, but when they learn ho to read the move, what you do next will define your advantage of using this mixup.
What I use so far is:
1) after trance + puggles, d3, (down still pressed) L2 , b2~trance (very risky, but easier)

2) after trance + puggles, d3, (down still pressed) L2 , b2~EX CGBurst, b2~trance (on hit), if the ground burst is blocked I can retreat safely or try it again.

3) after trance + puggles, cross jump, DL2, 2, B2 (kind of hard, but pretty effective)

Visual explanation:

This is the setup #3 in slow motion:

Note: I have recorded this last setup and using reptile, either blocking (no way, reptile always get caught) or Ex Slide (reptile get hit but not into trance)