What's new

Deadpool - February 12, 2016 - Discussion Thread

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
The thing about Blade is that it was a very different kind of film made at the tail end of a different era of Hollywood. X-men, Spider-man, and the subsequent superhero boom were still a few years away, and they changed everything.
Pretty much, I viewed the 90's and early 2000 were the "Darker era" in films why nowadays its like family friendly, smh. Hollywood needs to get on their shit and get those types of movies going again, we need variety and not every superhero film nowadays doesnt necessarily need to be family friendly.

D

Deleted member 5032

I can't stand Deadpool, but I would check out an R-rated Deadpool flick. Sucks that no studio would have the balls to put one out. As far as R-rated superhero movies go, it really doesn't get any better than Punisher Warzone and Dredd 3d.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Get hype, yo.

"Hot on the heels of the announcement that Fox have delayed their Fantastic Four reboot, we have some good news for fans of Marvel's Merc with a Mouth. It seems the positive reaction to that leaked test footage didn't go unnoticed by the studio, as they're now moving ahead with the long-gestating X-Men spin-off, Deadpool, which will hit theaters Feb. 12, 2016. Tim Miller is still on board to direct, and though Ryan Reynolds is mentioned as being rumoured to star, the site say no deal has been set. Wade Wilson actually made his first live-action appearance in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and though most fans were happy enough with Reynolds' performance early on, what became of the character at the end of the movie was universally panned. So, Fox have a chance to atone for "Barakapool"..let's just hope they do the right thing and make this the bonkers, R-rated spectacle it needs to be."

Test footage:

I'm curious, everyone likes him. Even non comic book readers or followers, it seems as if it's the cool thing to "OMG I LOVE DEADPOOL", when did he become so popular and from what source?

Ya he's a cool character of course but, I never understood.