What's new

Deadpool - February 12, 2016 - Discussion Thread

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Umm you said 9gag just think about that for a min they are like 4chan. This is a fake but Fox is actually considering it, just depends on how X-Men DoFP does
Yeah, I was posting the gist of what the poster they creathed may have looked like. Ryan does make a good Deadpool than being Hal Jordan in Green Lantern.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Yeah, I was posting the gist of what the poster they creathed may have looked like. Ryan does make a good Deadpool than being Hal Jordan in Green Lantern.
Well I didn't think his acting in GL was bad it was mostly the script and the film itself that was bad there. HE has said plenty of times he wants to do a film, but they are having problems with the R rating

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Well I didn't think his acting in GL was bad it was mostly the script and the film itself that was bad there. HE has said plenty of times he wants to do a film, but they are having problems with the R rating
Yeah I read something about they wanted to do a R rated film which IMO would be best hell it is the best thing to do, but with all these films Marvel is coming out they want to have a Kid friendly version so they can make more money. But if they must do a PG-13 route they better have a good script and not mess it up.

Pretty easy to see this one coming honestly. The studio heads don't think an R rated superhero film is viable and as much as I hate to say it, the numbers are on their side. Every once in a while you'll see someone try and do a hard R rated comic adaptation like Watchmen or Dredd, and time and time again audiences fail to turn out and support it. There won't be a mainstream R rated superhero tentpole for a long long time.

Now as to how big of a problem this is: It kinda sucks, but violence isn't the be all end all of deadpool's apeal. I think that if you can do Lobo justice in a children's cartoon you can probably get away with a pg-13 deadpool movie.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Pretty easy to see this one coming honestly. The studio heads don't think an R rated superhero film is viable and as much as I hate to say it, the numbers are on their side. Every once in a while you'll see someone try and do a hard R rated comic adaptation like Watchmen or Dredd, and time and time again audiences fail to turn out and support it. There won't be a mainstream R rated superhero tentpole for a long long time.

Now as to how big of a problem this is: It kinda sucks, but violence isn't the be all end all of deadpool's apeal. I think that if you can do Lobo justice in a children's cartoon you can probably get away with a pg-13 deadpool movie.
Yeah, but Blade 1 and 2 are Rated R and they turned out very well, I was curious though that when I watched Blade 1 it didn't say "Marvel" how like every marvel film opens.

Yeah, but Blade 1 and 2 are Rated R and they turned out very well, I was curious though that when I watched Blade 1 it didn't say "Marvel" how like every marvel film opens.
The thing about Blade is that it was a very different kind of film made at the tail end of a different era of Hollywood. X-men, Spider-man, and the subsequent superhero boom were still a few years away, and they changed everything.