What's new

Video/Tutorial Deadpool/Deathstroke - Modded Sword Spin Vortex Combos by TONY-T

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
In a recent find by RedRaptor10 where he uses a sword spin to create a vortex (as seen here) TONY-T has taken it upon himself to create a video showcasing the vortex with modded characters from his previous videos. The modded character appearances in this video include General Zod, Professor Zoom and of course, Deadpool.

Additionally, here are some extra notes from RedRaptor10 regarding the vortex discovery.

At the end of these combos, Sword Spin will put you at at least +10 advantage, giving you a free throw attempt, or a low/overhead mix-up with D1 and B2. Both the low and overhead when cancelled into Sword Spin are safe on block and can be hit-confirmed into MB Sword Spin.

F23 xx MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (24%)
F3 (cross-up), back dash, MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (25%)
F3 (non cross-up), J2, MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (29%)

There might be more combos other than the ones listed above. These are just the ones I found today.

More combos:
132, MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (25%)
Ji3, 3 xx MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (32%)
B1U2, Ji3, MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (30%)

Source: TONYTTT
Credit for vortex: RedRaptor10

UPDATE: Thanks to SaJa for recording a higher quality version of RedRaptor10 's tech.

Attachments

ryublaze

Noob
STORMS Thank you for front page, but why was my video taken out? TONY-T's video does not show the D1/B2 mix-up yet mine did. Theo's video of his Superman tech wasn't recorded in high quality either so why was mine cut out? Thread title should be different too IMO. TONY-T's "modded" Deadpool was already showcased in his combo montage. This is more about the tech, not about mods. I don't mean to sound like a dick or anything but I think TYM's front paging needs to level up.

InFlames

dead
STORMS Thank you for front page, but why was my video taken out? TONY-T's video does not show the D1/B2 mix-up yet mine did. Theo's video of his Superman tech wasn't recorded in high quality either so why was mine cut out? Thread title should be different too IMO. TONY-T's "modded" Deadpool was already showcased in his combo montage. This is more about the tech, not about mods. I don't mean to sound like a dick or anything but I think TYM's front paging needs to level up.

ryublaze

Noob
Sorry if I came across as being rude, but it had to be said and I think a lot of the community agrees with what needs to be front paged and what doesn't. We spend hours in training mode trying to find new tech and all top players have to do is tweet something on twitter? For example, InFlames found lots of tech for Ares but a lot of it probably went unnoticed by the community besides the Ares forum. If more tech were front paged, people would learn how other characters work and it would help the entire community level up.

Vagrant

Noob
Sorry if I came across as being rude, but it had to be said and I think a lot of the community agrees with what needs to be front paged and what doesn't. We spend hours in training mode trying to find new tech and all top players have to do is tweet something on twitter? For example, InFlames found lots of tech for Ares but a lot of it probably went unnoticed by the community besides the Ares forum. If more tech were front paged, people would learn how other characters work and it would help the entire community level up.

While almost every serious player agrees with you.

This is a losing battle. Just take what they give you for now.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
My bad Raptor, i didn't mean to steel your thunder bro. I had no idea it was going to get front paged. If its any consolation, as i was uploading the vid on youtube, i gave you credit for the trap in the description.

to be fair there is no way for storms to be sure whether something is legit tech or just a gimmick. Imagine the raiden 334 ex lightning ''game breaking tech'' getting frontpaged. Frontpages for tony t's tech or tech from another well-known player has a lot less chances of being just ''gimmicks''. Having that said this tech is legit.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
front page ain't that serious fellas, although i agree RedRaptor10 tech should be front paged but from my experience, my combo threads that aren't front paged tend to get more burn than the ones that are.

EDIT: Except for my cyrax corner think on sektor, check turned that into a circus

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
front page ain't that serious fellas, although i agree RedRaptor10 tech should be front paged but from my experience, my combo threads that aren't front paged tend to get more burn than the ones that are.

EDIT: Except for my cyrax corner think on sektor, check turned that into a circus
TYM lacks a "Submit a tip" button but members should never hesitate to PM me about tech or any other kinds of posts/threads that deserve some extra attention. Granted, usually not everything gets FP'd depending, but sometime it does.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
TYM lacks a "Submit a tip" button but members should never hesitate to PM me about tech or any other kinds of posts/threads that deserve some extra attention. Granted, usually not everything gets FP'd depending, but sometime it does.
I agree, to be honest it is kind of upsetting when i see it in statuses but i know that you respond to PM's constantly. Hell when i first started and no one knew me you front paged my video after a short discussion through pm.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
This is awesome DS tech but I wanna see if I can find a meterless variation but great find man.

Like 90% of the setups in TONY's vid are meterless lol.

TONY-T, is there a good meterless setup off of a crossup F3? Off of normal F3, you did J2, 1, D2 xx Spin, but with a crossup F3, J2 wont work.