What's new

Dead Game? MK11 Had the Highest Views of Any Game at EVO On Saturday

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
The "Dead Game?" invited all of this negativity. I like the game, why not make a thread about the cool tournament and let's talk about it

I really don't care if some guy thinks a game with thousands of people are playing is dead and I don't care about stream numbers. But tell me a match is hype and post a link and I'll watch it, I'll comment about it

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The "Dead Game?" invited all of this negativity. I like the game, why not make a thread about the cool tournament and let's talk about it

I really don't care if some guy thinks a game with thousands of people are playing is dead and I don't care about stream numbers. But tell me a match is hype and post a link and I'll watch it, I'll comment about it
Make no mistake — there’s another thread about the tournament (started by Juggs), but this thread is a direct callout to all the people who keep trying to kill our games before it’s time.

After having seen this for multiple titles in a row, with everyone then trying to “revive” them later on (and then saying they wished more people would play them), I don’t mind specifically highlighting this type of narrative to present the counterexamples.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The staff at Eventhubs has just compiled the following statistics about peak viewership throughout last weekend.

1. Street Fighter 5 - 250,730
  2. Tekken 7 - 250,566
  3. Guilty Gear Strive - 201,883
  4. King of Fighters 15 - 146,360
  5. Mortal Kombat 11 - 95,664
  6. Dragon Ball FighterZ - 84,018
  7. GranBlue Fantasy: Versus - 69,265
  8. Melty Blood Type Lumina - 63,417
  9. MultiVersus - 62,351
  10. Skullgirls: 2nd Encore - 49,483

M2Dave

Zoning Master
God damn did Tekken deserve that. I think Tekken 7 is the undisputed best fighting game of the last generation.
I think so too. A couple of years ago, Eventhubs created a "What is the fighting game of the generation?" poll. I will list the top 10. For a complete list, click here.

1. Tekken 7 (297 / 18.2%)
  2. Street Fighter 5 (252 / 15.4%)
  3. Dragon Ball FighterZ (224 / 13. 7%)
  4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (186 / 11.4%)
  5. Killer Instinct (128 / 7.8%)
  6. Guilty Gear Xrd REV2 (97 / 5.9%)
  7. Mortal Kombat 11 (72 / 4.4%)
  8. Samurai Showdown (48 / 2.9%)
  9. Soul Calibur 6 (46 / 2.8%)
  10. Mortal Kombat X (41 / 2.5%)
After Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Tekken Revolution, Namco managed to develop a fighting game that the majority of the Tekken community, casual and competitive players alike as well as anyone in between, can regularly play, support, and watch. Hopefully, Mortal Kombat 12 will reunite the NRS community in an identical fashion.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Hopefully, Mortal Kombat 12 will reunite the NRS community in an identical fashion.
I hope so too. There's a lot of ideas NRS had with MK11 that I really like, but there's also a lot about MK11 that could have used a lot more refinement. It'll be interesting to see what gameplay mechanics they keep, what they tweak, and what they scrap.

Pretty sure the game is dead. I’ve been trying to get a game for the last house and have not been able to find anyone around my skill level.

I finished watching Evo last night, and that was excellent. Pools and such had lots of audio technical issues in the stream, and I wasn't big on the Robocop match ups (my dislike of the character and his play style), but otherwise that was very hype.

The crowd was extremely into it, especially in the top 8, and to even see Kitana being played in a major Top 8 was fantastic.

Lots of back and forth and excellent neutral play, and almost every Set went to a Game 5.

Xbox but it doesn’t matter since there is cross play no?
Which model of Xbox?

There's Krossplay between Xbox and PlayStation only from the Krossplay room, not in matchmaking. Also, Xbox One and Xbox Series don't have proper krossplay with one another. According to the mods on the official Discord, the only way to play between generations is also via the Krossplay room, but @theotherguy has linked you to his thread where he's had a different experience.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I'm getting my Injustice 3 fix by playing as Wonder Woman and Superman on MultiVersus. And you know Scorpion will join that game eventually, so we'll get our MK fix seemingly before Inj3 or MK12 comes out.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I'm getting my Injustice 3 fix by playing as Wonder Woman and Superman on MultiVersus. And you know Scorpion will join that game eventually, so we'll get our MK fix seemingly before Inj3 or MK12 comes out.
Did this whole kerfuffle with the MK rights and WB get settled? Feel like they would have had Scorpion on launch if he was available

Did this whole kerfuffle with the MK rights and WB get settled? Feel like they would have had Scorpion on launch if he was available
The problem with Scorpion is his spear. Are we really going to be seeing a character sending a spear through Bugs Bunny etc. They may end up going with Sub-Zero, Raiden or Liu Kang instead because of that.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
The problem with Scorpion is his spear. Are we really going to be seeing a character sending a spear through Bugs Bunny etc. They may end up going with Sub-Zero, Raiden or Liu Kang instead because of that.
That game has Game of Thrones and Rick & Morty characters in it.
Even Smash Bros has Link use his Hookshot, which is the exact same concept. It even pulls other fighters towards him just like Scorpion's spear

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
If you turn off the mature language filter, Morty curses. Batman and Harley toss bombs. I feel like they do quite a lot they just don't put any blood in and it's fine.