What's new

DCEU Upcoming Movies

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I know a lot of us on here are big DC fans so I wanted a place where we can discuss all current and future DC movies. I stay pretty up to date with DCEU movie news so I will update here for anyone that has any interest. Thread may contain some slight spoilers for upcoming films. Which future title are you most looking forward to?

Confirmed Upcoming Releases:

Aquaman (December 21 2018) - Famous horror director James Wan makes his superhero movie debut with Aquaman. Jason Momoa reprises his role as Aquaman with a plot centered around his quest to wrestle the throne of Atlantis from his brother Orm (Ocean Master), played by The Conjuring's Patrick Wilson. His assisted by Mera, played again by Amber Heard. The film also stars Nicole Kidman as Aquamans mother Atlanna and Yahya Abdul Mateen II as the villain Black Manta.

Shazam! (April 12 2019) - Zachary Levi and Asher Angel star as Billy Batson. The villain of the movie will be Doctor Sivana played by Mark Strong. The movie will be much lighter in tone compared to previous DCEU entries with many saying it will compare to the humor of Elf and Tom Hank's Big.

Joker (October 4 2019) - Joaquin Phoenix is confirmed to play the Joker in an origin story directed by Todd Phillips. The film will reportedly take place outside of the current DC cinematic universe and will be rated R. Robert De Niro and Deadpool's Zazie Beetz are also attached to the project.

Wonder Woman 1984 (November 1, 2019) - Director Patty Jenkins and star Gal Gadot return for the sequel to the financial and critical success, Wonder Woman. The movie will be set in 1984 and will also reportedly be more lighter in tone. Villain Cheetah will make her live action debut played by Kristen Wiig (Yay!). Steve Trevor is confirmed to be returning in some capacity but we do not know the details yet. Game of Thrones actor Pedro Pascal has also been cast in an undisclosed role, although many believe he is playing Maxwell Lord.

Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey (TBA) - Margo Robbie returns to the role of Harley Quinn and also serves as a producer. The film will be directed by Cathy Yan. There is some debate about the lineup but Black Canary, Huntress, Cassandra Cain, Katana, and Renee Montoya are said to appear. Black Mask is reported to be the villain of the film. Its reported that they are looking to cast a black actress to play Black Canary despite her being traditionally Caucasian in the comics.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Wonder Woman 1984 sounds the coolest.

Shazam is a great character and I think it could be a hit based off the trailer. And if it's good then maybe we'll get some of what the Rock is cooking as Black Adam.

I think Atlantis is going to be really cool and there's a ton of stuff they could do in an Aquaman film that could be unique. There's only so many movies that have underwater swimming and whatnot, so it's an ambitious film in that regard. Hoping to see a good amount of real sets and whatnot rather then just straight CGI and from what we've seen it's promising. Black Manta should be cool.

I'm not confident that the other two will get made but I'd definitely go see them. Honestly, I don't really care for a Joker origin story, but there's no doubt a good movie that could be made there.