What's new

DC Comics to kill off Robin

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Who cares it's only Batman Inc.
You realise Batman Inc. is canon right? Like what happens in it effects the rest of the New 52?

I'm sure he'll be resurrected, he is far too popular to stay dead and he features in multiple books.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
You realise Batman Inc. is canon right? Like what happens in it effects the rest of the New 52?

I'm sure he'll be resurrected, he is far too popular to stay dead and he features in multiple books.
Yeah I know, and this is probably why they wouldn't let Scott Snyder kill anyone off in glorious fashion with the Death of the Family story, so that Grant Morrison can try and redeem himself to all the Batman fans of the world for his last abomination of a story.

Reedoms

Noob
so that Grant Morrison can try and redeem himself to all the Batman fans of the world for his last abomination of a story.
Morrison's Batman run was fantastic. The only thing that was stupid was R.I.P with Joker being all weird split tongue man. A good majority of people think it's one of the quintessential Batman stories.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Morrison's Batman run was fantastic. The only thing that was stupid was R.I.P with Joker being all weird split tongue man. A good majority of people think it's one of the quintessential Batman stories.
R.I.P. was what I was referring to, I didn't have an issue with any of it until then. Wait...did he write Battle for the Cowl?

Reedoms

Noob
R.I.P. was what I was referring to, I didn't have an issue with any of it until then. Wait...did he write Battle for the Cowl?
Nope. That was pretty awful too. He just wrote R.I.P, Final Crisis, then Batman and Robin up to the point where Bruce returned from the past/future then started writing Inc.
I'm looking forward to Multiversity way more than Inc. though.

Yeah I know, and this is probably why they wouldn't let Scott Snyder kill anyone off in glorious fashion with the Death of the Family story, so that Grant Morrison can try and redeem himself to all the Batman fans of the world for his last abomination of a story.
Dude likes death of the family but hates batman inc.

Not gonna lie, the first batman inc was pretty boring.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Nope. That was pretty awful too. He just wrote R.I.P, Final Crisis, then Batman and Robin up to the point where Bruce returned from the past/future then started writing Inc.
I'm looking forward to Multiversity way more than Inc. though.
Ok cool, I didn't think so. I'll have to look up Multiversity, haven't heard anything on that.
Edit: Reedoms Ok yes that I can get down for because it is right up Grant's alley. He loves writing about that shit, which is why I thought he has been doing so well with Action Comics.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Dude likes death of the family but hates batman inc.

Not gonna lie, the first batman inc was pretty boring.
I like Batman Inc. just fine, I'm just afraid of Grant Morrison tbh. The man can write some stellar stories, but he can also stink up a room hard. DOTF is being ridiculed way more than it deserves to be btw.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I feel like DotF was Snyder's weakest effort, compared to the Court of Owls or ESPECIALLY Black Mirror storylines it really just doesn't compare. I felt like Black Mirror is one of the greats, and it in combination with Morrison's Batman and Robin made Dick Grayson's time as batman really soar as something special.

That said, I'm optimistic in regards to his next story arc. I feel like DotF was spread through too many books and that didn't help the storytelling whatsoever. The next one is suppoesd to be long and solely in Snyder's own Batman, much like Black Mirror was only in his Detective Comics. I hope it delivers.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Tim Drake needs to be euthanized at this point :/

The New 52 COMPLETELY ruined him and he's my favorite character ;_;

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
What do you dislike about him?
He is Dick Grayson with an attitude. I just don't find him all that appealing. It probably doesn't helpt that under the hood was the only decent story he has been in...which was really good.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
He is Dick Grayson with an attitude. I just don't find him all that appealing. It probably doesn't helpt that under the hood was the only decent story he has been in...which was really good.
Again, I've had a better experience with Red Hood. War Crimes, Return of Jason Todd, Countdown/52, Red Hood & The Outlaws are all fairly good reads IMO, Dick Grayson had some good titans stuff and was a fantastic Batman for a while, but since the reboot it's just been more of the same, whereas at least Red Hood is doing something a little bit new.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Again, I've had a better experience with Red Hood. War Crimes, Return of Jason Todd, Countdown/52, Red Hood & The Outlaws are all fairly good reads IMO, Dick Grayson had some good titans stuff and was a fantastic Batman for a while, but since the reboot it's just been more of the same, whereas at least Red Hood is doing something a little bit new.
I never read War Crimes or the Return of Jason Todd, 52 is on the top of my list of things to read so I guess I will see about that one soon. However I hated Red Hood and the Outlaws, I gave it a shot after the reboot and it is just soo...not good to me. To each their own though, I'm just not a Jason Todd fan at all. I kind of agree about new 52 Nightwing, it's been very up and down for me. It has it's moments where I love it, and then times where I just get bored with Dick's very miniscule problems.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Who here didn't see them killing off midget Jason Todd? Chip on shoulder, takes things too far, violent, breaks the rules often, hated...yeah I saw this one coming on for awhile now. He was dragging down the pacing with everyone he was with IMO.

Reedoms

Noob
Who here didn't see them killing off midget Jason Todd? Chip on shoulder, takes things too far, violent, breaks the rules often, hated...yeah I saw this one coming on for awhile now. He was dragging down the pacing with everyone he was with IMO.
Have you even been reading Batman and Robin? It's been amazing due to the dynamic between Bruce and Damian and even before that with Dick and him. Though I knew this wouldn't last since Morrison said he was going to put everything back where he picked up when he started Batman Inc. so it was pretty obvious Damian was gonna die.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I've read and seen all the stuff with "forgive me father for I have sinned" and stuff. I just feel like he was such a forced character. He didn't have what Tim or Dick did. He just felt forced. The whole of the story's emotion is carried by folks reacting to him most times to fill in the gaps in his personality. And the stealing of Red Hood's helmet and laying down a challenge to the old Robin's just felt so contrived a reason for the versus fights to me.

Interesting concept but he just never felt real to me.