What's new

Db1 Hit advantage pressure theory and questions

So Ill cut straight to the point. Jacquis db1 leaves her at hit advantage of +5 this jails into f32 And if its blocked you are safe at -2 on block. However with the 1st round ko variation you can cancel that last hit and go into grab. And you can keep doing ending simple strings like 11, db1, f31 (cancel) into grab. Eventually the opponent will drop his guard to get a punish at this moment you finish the string and 11, db1, f31, db4 (amplify) f12, f12, df3, 4, 4, 3 I havent seen people use this strategy. Does it seem useful? Want your insights on this

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
On hit you get full combo; not worth sacrificing the damage.

She gets all the pressure and staggers without db1; so it’s use is pretty situational.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Seems quite situational but maybe something to throw out once a while to mess with your opponent.

Also being +5 does not jail into F3, it gives you significant advantage but not jailing

I use db1 a ton as a disjointed hitbox to check wakeups and its been amazing for that.

Back up a bit on knockdown and db1 safely. But its not served me any other purpose outside of that.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Seems quite situational but maybe something to throw out once a while to mess with your opponent.

Also being +5 does not jail into F3, it gives you significant advantage but not jailing
Yes, it doesn’t jail. But it beats all counter pokes, beats fatal blow, catches back dash, catches jump.

But you’re right. It doesn’t jail.