What's new

Combo Video - Reptile Day 1 Reptile combos

Alpha Centauri

The Machine
So I decided to give my hori fc4 a shot after at first deciding against using it over the ds4 and now im having no trouble doing my bnbs...guess the controller does make a difference

Last edited:

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
So after reading the combos in here I just want to remind everyone that Reptile gets 33% meterless with:

F412~Elbowdash 21 F412~Slide in every variation...

There is no reason to spend meter mid combo... it is better saved for EX Noxious after anything ending in F21+3 (great to condition for wakeups) or his EX overhead slash.

@THTB thoughts?
That's 30% btw. 32% with ji2.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
My problem with that combo is that it can put the opponent away from the corner. I prefer less damage if it puts them in the corner, and with nimble I can spend a bar to almost guarantee they end up in the corner. Of course that combo is great if it ends up putting your opponent in or against the corner.
Ya I dont give a shit about the corner really. My noxious setups work anywhere on screen and Reptile controls so much space that you dont need the corner.

Ideally you want to be just inside dash distance which just so happens to be right around his F2 range so his footsie distance is HUGE. I find it easier to maintain this midscreen.... plus I like to zone so I dont want to worry about a position reversal so I try to sit midscreen.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So after reading the combos in here I just want to remind everyone that Reptile gets 33% meterless with:

F412~Elbowdash 21 F412~Slide in every variation...

There is no reason to spend meter mid combo... it is better saved for EX Noxious after anything ending in F21+3 (great to condition for wakeups) or his EX overhead slash.

@THTB thoughts?
I feel like if you're not using Noxious, then this doesn't really apply, especially if it's Nimble. But do know that you get no damage with Reptile playing this way, also. Reptile doesn't get much damage meterless midscreen if you aren't using 12 or f412.

My whole gameplan as a Nimble player is the corner, where you can take full advantage of b2/b3 mixups, and it involves meter.

Fractured_Shadow

I feel like if you're not using Noxious, then this doesn't really apply, especially if it's Nimble. But do know that you get no damage with Reptile playing this way, also. Reptile doesn't get much damage meterless midscreen if you aren't using 12 or f412.

My whole gameplan as a Nimble player is the corner, where you can take full advantage of b2/b3 mixups, and it involves meter.
Hmm havent messed around with Nimble much. I have been strickly on Noxious atm. I find that midscreen is where I shine the most. I take full advantage of his F2 range and save all my meter for backash~Ex elbow dash wiff punishs (nets about 25-30% depending on Noxious level). I tend to stay at the max range of F2 and harrass with D4, Acid Puddle, and Noxious chip (it gets crazy depending on your defensive ability). I keep this same strat in the corner but use my meter for more acid puddles and then I zone with FBs and Spit to bait jumps.

Man I love the variations... as seen here we have two totally different play styles for the same character lol.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Well ive been sticking to noxious aswell. I love beeing aggressive and i don´t like the slow motion at all :)!

You can hit confirm f412 into specials if you buffer the special's directional input and then input the button press when you confirm that f412 hit. Not sure how viable it is online.

Fractured_Shadow

You can hit confirm f412 into specials if you buffer the special's directional input and then input the button press when you confirm that f412 hit. Not sure how viable it is online.
Pretty tough online but doable. I always buffer dash to catch the combo but I can easily backdash if it is blocked (I use Noxious not Nimble).

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Randomly found this. Not mine

Does J1 negatively impact the rest of the combo? How much more can you get meterless with F412 starter and isn't variation specific?

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
(Corner only) f412-d1-f412-Klaw Swipe=28%

Very simple meterless corner combo that leaves the opponent in a delayed knockdown state. It's not a true hard knockdown because they can still roll tech but not until after the delay. Plenty of time to get a set-up

Milk

Snake eyes
Very unconventional corner combo
Part of me likes that combo, but the other part is going "meh" because three meter and situational. I think ideally, it'd be best to go for the regular combo, with the fog on, end your combo with the F412 string, and end with EX Acid Spit, making them wake up into a 50/50 and get chipped out.

Anyone find any good Nimble juice in the corner?

Also, what BNB's should we be doing midscreen meterless? I've just been doing the F412 bnb. Trying to figure out what normals we can confirm off of (Confirming off of B2 is so easy and damaging, lol) Do we have any lows we can confirm from?