What's new

Dashing/Backdashing Question

JJocelot

Don't give up!
Dashing is done with ff/bb in Mk9, right? Like same as other fighters? I ask because I've seen some commands in this game with ff/bb motions. If someone could clarify it would be greatly appreciated.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Dashing is done with ff/bb in Mk9, right? Like same as other fighters? I ask because I've seen some commands in this game with ff/bb motions. If someone could clarify it would be greatly appreciated.
yes ff and bb dashes, unlike the other games that have a ff and bb dash mk has a block button. use the block button to cancel the dash instantly then do your special.

not sure if my answer is what your looking for..

JJocelot

Don't give up!
yes ff and bb dashes, unlike the other games that have a ff and bb dash mk has a block button. use the block button to cancel the dash instantly then do your special.

not sure if my answer is what your looking for..
No, this helps. I was a little confused because of the ff/bb special move commands and way back someone said MK9 also had a "run" button, so I just wanted to get an official confirmation.

Is there a basic gameplay FAQ for MK9 on this site? There were some other questions I had on the gameplay engine.

DrDogg

Noob
You can cancel a dash into anything. So moves that have a ff or bb, the dash is canceled as soon as you hit the attack button to execute the move.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
You can cancel a dash into anything. So moves that have a ff or bb, the dash is canceled as soon as you hit the attack button to execute the move.
true but you have to tap block if you don't want to do the special move, when you just want to do the a normal attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The way the dashes work in this game its going to have alot of the elements that Tekken has.
Baiting opponents into attacking, then backdashing, then doing a quick powerful punish. Sounds super sexy.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The dashing looks fluid and reminds me of a mixture of 3D MK's(by back dashing FAST out of trouble) and MKDC's dash forward on a 2D updated plane for this particular engine:)

I like it a lot.

DrDogg

Noob
The way the dashes work in this game its going to have alot of the elements that Tekken has.
Baiting opponents into attacking, then backdashing, then doing a quick powerful punish. Sounds super sexy.
Now hopfully one character will have an EWGF and we'll be set...

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Now hopfully one character will have an EWGF and we'll be set...
LOL. I think the EWGF equivilent in this game will probably be Kabal's run. That shit has always been famous for being the "too good" whiff punisher in UMK3.
If this is true I think the best way to balance Kabal's run would be to give him a short ranged run(which probably won't happen).

BTW nice to see theres some good Tekken and SSF4 players on this forum.