What's new

Tech Dash in 2,1 OS

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
This is nothing I wanna make a huge deal on. But up here a couple of the offline players like to cross up when they read that my Kitana is gonna attack or even half react, half expect (lengthy to explain) to her dashing in. This was the most aggravating when I did my spaced out, neutral setups (d4 into grab or 2,1. f4,1 into f2,1 blow, or AA if they jump at ur Kitana etc). Even tho it is somewhat possible to react to their reaction of being spaced out, its tricky cause that can give them time to move, or even react to your reaction (lol) and even worse they could jump back which was a very safe choice for them.

So what Ive started doing was when my Kitana is in 2,1 or ff, 2,1 distance, I have her dash in but I SLIGHTLY DELAY the 2,1 so that if they do cross up, fan lift comes out and auto corrects instantly to punish the crossup. If they block, you get another block string and if they jump back Im not too sure of this but I believe the delayed 2,1 will catch them airborne. Even so this opens up more mix ups where jump back can be punished by an af off just the dash in, or even a iSB or another dash in followed by 2~fan into aa combo. In case ur wondering about them trying to crouch poke well by this point they'll be respecting the whiff poke punishes from these spaced out scenarios, even outside of these a poke cant just be thrown out all the time.

Let me know what you guys think about the OS and on her spaced out mixups in general? Also I forgot to test it but does f3 (which can go into full combo) go over d1s in addition to d3s and d4s?

Also if this has been discussed I apologize, I cant keep up with everything that goes on here. :p

Thank you all in advance.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm not sure it's that viable to use tbh, unless you notice your opponent doing a ton of crossovers. This is because 2 is 11 frames. Many attacks will beat it out, especially if you're dashing in and delaying it.

However, what IS viable is to use ex lift as an anti-crossover. It would just take a lot of practice.

For f3, people tell me that it can avoid pokes but I've never had it work when I've tried to test it out. Maybe it does, but the slow startup is a problem and you'd get poked out anyway before that happens.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
It doesnt have to be slightly delayed. Ive had it activate on its own when I wanted to dash in with 2,1 anyways. Personally I think dashing in and using 2,1 from neutral makes a lot of sense since the idea is to choose a good time to initiate offense with her fastest standing normal/hit confirm string. Esp if its at a time where the opp will be alert for d1~cutter, f2,1 and just any attacks that might come really.

As for f3 sometimes d4s can make it less comfortable to do whiff poke punish setups, so at least a f3,1 hit confirm can dodge d4s completely in my exeperience. Tho its tricky getting it to work so far I have to agree.