What's new

Tech Dash Canceling To Continue Pressure/Combos

Credit to this goes to EGP Wonder_Chef

This tech basically spawned from these videos that chef made:

after he posted these combos, he brought up the following information:

B12 xx dash cancel is plus +6 or +7 at the very least. D1 jails the opponent, and that leads to a tick-throw, same with 12.

F21 xx dash cancel has similar block advantage (?).

21 xx dash cancel is - on block, 3 xx dash cancel looks like it's even on block.

While this costs 3 bars to really abuse this tech (2 on the dash cancel, 1 on the mb toss), I feel this is pretty good. From what I've tested, you can do something like

J2, f21 xx dash cancel to 113, b12 frame trap.

I couldn't really find much else with this, so I implore y'all to find something with this tech.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I can understand using two bars to hit confirm a combo. But why would you do that for a block string. Especially when B12, B12,.... is basically a frame trap already.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
i knew about the fwd 2 ,1 one a long time, but its definite not worth the Meter in most cases, considering the damage output Lobo can do with 1 bar

but they are stylish,

another stylish one combo with canceling is back 1,2 fwd dash 112 and so on

Zod has a 22, dash cancel too

I can understand using two bars to hit confirm a combo. But why would you do that for a block string. Especially when B12, B12,.... is basically a frame trap already.
b12 is +4 on block

b1 starts up at 10 frames

that's more than enough needed to backdash the next b12, or even d1/standing 1 before he begins doing the next b1.

Why not just do hit the MB B3 for 50%?
The point of this tech is not about the combo, obviously Lobo can just hit the MBB3 and deal an absurd amount of damage. It's the fact that he can continue pressure from dash cancelling. It may not be the most practical tech, but it caught my interest and got me to mess around with it.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
b12 is +4 on block

b1 starts up at 10 frames

that's more than enough needed to backdash the next b12, or even d1/standing 1 before he begins doing the next b1.
That's only if you have a six frame move. And in that event (if both players do their respective move as early as possible) they will trade. But if you are too late that can be a full combo.
You can read the backdash with a command grab. Which does a lot of damage. Standing 3 probably works too.

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
I rarely have four bars stocked up, if I attempted this it would probably be under a godlike YOLO moment. I feel like there's a HUGE risk involved in using meter that liberally for near 60% especially if they can clash. This is like "Only a True Master" type stuff, I'd give major props to whomever pulls this off in a tournament hell I'd bet someone $20 to try to pull off the entire thing in a tournament lmao