What's new

dash 1, 12 shoulder, versus 122 shoulder

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
I noticed that in almost all the BnBs (meter, no meter, lightning trap, whatever) you can end by an extra dash 1, then 12 shoulder, instead of just 122 shoulder. This does the same damage but pushes towards the corner a lot more.

Examples:

Normal BnB: F31 Axe, Axe, B2 En. Axe, Dash 1, 122 Shoulder = 43%
Corner carry version: F31 Axe, Axe, B2 En. Axe, Dash 1, Dash 1, 12 Shoulder = 43%

In some cases tho, you lose 1% damage, but still get extra corner carry:

Normal BnB: F31 Axe, B2 Axe, Dash 1, Dash 1, Dash 122 Shoulder = 38%
Corner carry version: F31 Axe, B2 Axe, Dash 1, Dash 1, Dash 1, Dash 12 Shoulder = 37%

What do you think? Anyone else do this?

NKZero

Noob
It's F31 not F32. The full string is F312.

His BNB is (without JIP): B22/122/F31-axe swing-B2-axe swing-1-1-122-shoulder charge ranging from 37-38%. So you can get an extra dash 1 for his meter-less BNB and end in 122-shoulder.

With one bar it is: B22/122/F31-axe swing-axe swing-B2-EX axe swing-1-1-122 shoulder (don't know the damage but from 42-44% I believe).

Corner combo (meter-less): 122/B22/F31-axe swing-B2-axe swing-F312-122-shoulder (ranging from 44-46% or something like that without JIP).

I'm new to Nightwolf so haven't found or know of a 1 bar corner combo. It's interesting you list corner carries because they are useful for Nightwolf since his combos do corner carry in general. I'll have a look but that looks like decent damage. Remember though you can do 1-1 and still end with 122 (not just 12). Timing is strict but you have to maximise damage!

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I noticed that in almost all the BnBs (meter, no meter, lightning trap, whatever) you can end by an extra dash 1, then 12 shoulder, instead of just 122 shoulder. This does the same damage but pushes towards the corner a lot more.

Examples:

Normal BnB: F32 Axe, Axe, B2 En. Axe, Dash 1, 122 Shoulder = 43%
Corner carry version: F32 Axe, Axe, B2 En. Axe, Dash 1, Dash 1, 12 Shoulder = 43%

In some cases tho, you lose 1% damage, but still get extra corner carry:

Normal BnB: F32 Axe, B2 Axe, Dash 1, Dash 122 Shoulder = 38%
Corner carry version: F32 Axe, B2 Axe, Dash 1, Dash 1, Dash 12 Shoulder = 37%

What do you think? Anyone else do this?
By F32 you mean F31 right? If i am not misstaken you can do more then one time dash 1. Sometimes i am finishing the combo with dash 1 uppercut into En lightning , but you have a point. The only problem is that the number of dashes depends on the high and how fast you are dashing and sometimes the shoulder will go under and not connect if you do only 12 shoulder. I will spend some time in the lab to check it again.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
whoopos yeah my bad F31, sorry I just woke up :p

Also, I forgot to add a dash in his normal meterless BnB.
What I should have wrote was:

F31 Axe, B2 Axe, Dash 1, Dash 1, Dash1, Dash 12 Shoulder

Hope this clears things up.
So yes I know you can get two dashes normally, but with this you get a third. Normally the last 2 in 122 won't connect if you do 3 dash 1's, so you sacrifice the last 2 in 122 for a third dash.

I edited and fixed my first post.

NKZero

Noob
whoopos yeah my bad F31, sorry I just woke up :p

Also, I forgot to add a dash in his normal meterless BnB.
What I should have wrote was:

F31 Axe, B2 Axe, Dash 1, Dash 1, Dash1, Dash 12 Shoulder

Hope this clears things up.
So yes I know you can get two dashes normally, but with this you get a third. Normally the last 2 in 122 won't connect if you do 3 dash 1's, so you sacrifice the last 2 in 122 for a third dash.

I edited and fixed my first post.
i think 1-1-122 does more damage than 1-1-1-12. what are you getting for your combo off lets say a F31 starter. I know mine does 38% without jump-in punch and meter-less.

NKZero

Noob
nevermind i just saw u posted both. is the reason you do 1-1-1-12 for extra wall carry? either way i think you should keep it simple and go for the higher damage combo.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
i think 1-1-122 does more damage than 1-1-1-12. what are you getting for your combo off lets say a F31 starter. I know mine does 38% without jump-in punch and meter-less.
Yes I did mention you lose 1% off the meterless one in my first post. With the 1-meter BnB tho you get the same damage, and a dash worth of extra corner carry. After doing this from midscreen (the 1-meter bnb), you get enough corner carry to do a lightning reset into B2 axe, 6 jabs, 122 shoulder in the corner.

That's 82% damage if you get the reset and start off with JIP B22. :eek:

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
nevermind i just saw u posted both. is the reason you do 1-1-1-12 for extra wall carry? either way i think you should keep it simple and go for the higher damage combo.
Yes that's exactly what I do it for, it's the whole point of this thead! :p

NKZero

Noob
Yes that's exactly what I do it for, it's the whole point of this thead! :p
man i sound retarded lol. but i swear my computer hid that sentence at the end lol....i never saw it! overall i'd say it is a solid find. tbh i don't see much of a difference so i personally wouldn't learn this combo just for extra wall carry but thanks for pointing it out.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
ive never really thought about it tbh.my bnb is b22 hatchet,hatchet,1 x4 12 shoulder.online it seems easier and connects consistantly more than anything else for me.offline is proberly completely different though,really wish nightwolf was easier to use online.

NKZero

Noob
ive never really thought about it tbh.my bnb is b22 hatchet,hatchet,1 x4 12 shoulder.online it seems easier and connects consistantly more than anything else for me.offline is proberly completely different though,really wish nightwolf was easier to use online.
yeah online i tend to go for the easy combo. but in that combo you can still end with 122-shoulder no problem. the only difficult thing with Nightwolf combos online is doing b2-axe swing-1-1-122 so i just resort to axe swing-1-1-1-1-122