What's new

Darth Arma's MB Grapple into 50/50 tech

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I posted about this a little bit on the tweeter, but if you hit a mb grapple and do NJ2 > Sweep > Immediate J2 it's a hard to see crossup and more importantly a relatively good safe jump. Characters with 14ish frame wakeups like Catwoman, Raven, and maybe Superman can't wake up against you or you can block in time.

The problem with this is that it's stance specific, however you do have time to switch stances after you hit the MB Grapple. For some reason based on the stance that you are in, the opponent gets up faster or slower from the sweep.

coolwhip

Noob
IDK if your time stamp was right, but what happens is when you call trait out, the opponent will remain in hit stun from the meterburn grapple, and the next hit, no matter how fast it occurs, will initiate a new combo and will obviously give the opponent the opportunity to block. There is also a neutral j2 set up if you walk back a little nad jump forward. very similar to sinestros vortex.
Ah I see, I just tested this. I'll update the OP.

coolwhip

Noob
OP updated with proper explanation to this. Thanks to DarthArma

PS: Can you find a video where you're doing this because you're right, I messed up the time stamp.

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

Last edited:
Here's even more fucked up tech about this trait reset, Say you do a meterburn straight grapple close to an interactable, you can call trait, use the interactable and do the raw damage (15-20%) of the interactable for just one bar. I did it to KDZ at the break last week or two weeks ago in the mess hall with the mask by the transition