What's new

Darrius

Ardet

Noob
Ok since noone made this thread, lets do it. His kameo assist in Geras's trailer was not usual like other kameos. He comes in and do his roundhouse kick but then Geras launches enemy while enemy is in stun and then picks up Darrius and swings him three times. Seems like Darrius's assists revolves around tagin with main character. We can also see that in Umgadi trailer where he throws Baraka to Tanya and then she kicks him to Darrius back. Or maybe that swing is Geras's special move where he swings kameos?

Ok since noone made this thread, lets do it. His kameo assist in Geras's trailer was not usual like other kameos. He comes in and do his roundhouse kick but then Geras launches enemy while enemy is in stun and then picks up Darrius and swings him three times. Seems like Darrius's assists revolves around tagin with main character. We can also see that in Umgadi trailer where he throws Baraka to Tanya and then she kicks him to Darrius back. Or maybe that swing is Geras's special move where he swings kameos?
ive watched that thing with geras and darrius a couple of times and i think it is all one single fancy-looking move

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
It's Darrius move, you can notice that when Geras uppercuts the opponent, there's a greenish glow that is the same effect on Darrius' legs while he spins around (and is a similar color to Darrius' projectiles in MKD/MKA).

Ardet

Noob
ive watched that thing with geras and darrius a couple of times and i think it is all one single fancy-looking move
Yeah I believe so also. What do you guys think his other assist will be? Probably his throw backbreaker from Deception is my bet, but dunno for third one. He is lackluster of special moves.

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
I think the "carousel" assist is just a combo ender, that pushes full-screen away. Not sure if you even get oki after it.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I hope those are two different moves and not just a really long one. It looks fun.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
What's extremely interesting about Darrius spinning Kameo is it doesn't seem to be a summon. I actually wonder if you can choose to pick up Darrius or not because we see Geras' pose during Sektors summon. He doesn't do that during Darrius's attack and even seems to have full control until he runs in for the stock launcher. Maybe it is a summon tho and they leave out the posing just for fluidity's sake

It's Darrius move, you can notice that when Geras uppercuts the opponent, there's a greenish glow that is the same effect on Darrius' legs while he spins around (and is a similar color to Darrius' projectiles in MKD/MKA).
Exactly, the main roster character is evidently inheriting the Darrius VFX for the move.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Darrius looks like such a nothing and bland character seems a weird choice of all the characters

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Thats why he makes for a perfect Kameo. He doesn't have a full moveset, never did, but you can pull some magic out of his personality. He barely had one at all in the 3d era, but it looks like they're upping his goofy "coolness" and I'm all for it.
I kinda feel the opposite. If they brought him back as a main fighter and pimped him up like they are a lot of characters, that would make more sense. He's only a kameo, so they have to use his boring moves, they can't really redesign him and make him cool. Why bring back a character with no personality and a boring moveset. They should have just used a more interesting character to throwback to which I'm sure there are plenty.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
tbf Darrius advanced from being totally forgettable and bland roster-filler to a proper kameo OG. Not saying he should immediately move to base roster and people on twitter will be screaming for him to be in every single game moving forward, but at least he is now a bit in the spotlight and will maybe make some casuals more curious to deep dive into the lore of infamous 3D era times, which was kind of interesting even though the games were not AAA.

I honestly love that new Darrius special move, it has personality and could even carry into a tag-team concept of a Noob-Smoke kind of character in the future, in which he is not only 1 character but 2. Of course this is a stretch but I like what I see until now, just wish his Fatal Blow starter was a little more spiced up visually, right now it looks so practical combat 101 that it barely has anything different from normals aside from an x-ray effect.

Agilaz

It has begun
Darrius is def a good choice for the Kameo roster.

Honestly, for a character generally considered bland and forgetable, you can't deny his design so far has people hyped. Tag team throw animations, the spin kick into uppercut into swing sequence...it's all very creative and makes him stand out quite a bit IMHO.

Making him a brutal MMA type also really works for him.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Sadly, NRS chooses Darrius' klassic arm rip fatality over his best "Rearrange" fatality from Deception. This is the only thing memorable about him.

Whaaat? Darrius had one good thing going on for him, just ONE. they brought him back and didn't even use it? What the hell is wrong with this people xD.

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
Sadly, NRS chooses Darrius' klassic arm rip fatality over his best "Rearrange" fatality from Deception. This is the only thing memorable about him.
I’m sorry but I have to fucking laugh xDD Even casuals were wanting that fatality back, how do you screw that up??

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Darrius gonna be one I lab first with Mileena. He has an overhead that pops up, a spinny spin that takes up a lot of space, some dope tag team drop kick thing. IDK, he just seems so FUN. If you look at the video I posted on twitter, after you do the drop kick, he stays there and goes into the overhead so not sure if it's part of the entire move or a diff assist, just odd he stays on screen.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
I think he's pretty interesting. I feel like he has a lot of potential for pressure n mixups that I haven't really seen ppl utilize yet