What's new

Darrius nerfed for Reiko

okhuskerfan

PSN: B1G-Husker
No more 400+ damage on ex command grab, 34 db3. 360ish now. Same with the 60%+, around 550 or so now. Not a huge nerf suppose but still.

Edit: looks like it is possibly his ex command grab scaling.

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Being able to get a full combo from a command grab it's lame by itself, so...

In general I think no throw should lead into combo. Or, if it does, it has to be super expensive, like the two bars mechanic from Cyrax.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Being able to get a full combo from a command grab it's lame by itself, so...

In general I think no throw should lead into combo. Or, if it does, it has to be super expensive, like the two bars mechanic from Cyrax.
It is expensive. You have to pick a Kameo that's only good at this one thing for Reiko, with a 30 second cooldown. He doesn't improve your neutral, your blockstrings, your other mixup tools, just the command grab. It's a once per round mixup that might not work. And if you win the round with it, you likely play the next round without it. And he's the only character who can do it, which gives him some identity. It's the only cool thing about this wack ass character.

-Reiko Hater

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
He doesn't improve your neutral, your blockstrings, your other mixup tools, just the command grab.

-Reiko Hater
You speak of neutral improvement with his normals? IMO his neutral game / poke game is second best to JC - but that is just my observation.
The "just command grab" this move stand alone was a traditional command grab, with Darius its a game changer. Not to mention his projectiles - the only ones I've seen better, are Kano Cybernetic knifes but they are still super good. The chip and meter building on them is OP imo, but I've seen worse shit in MK11.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
You speak of neutral improvement with his normals? IMO his neutral game / poke game is second best to JC - but that is just my observation.
The "just command grab" this move stand alone was a traditional command grab, with Darius its a game changer. Not to mention his projectiles - the only ones I've seen better, are Kano Cybernetic knifes but they are still super good. The chip and meter building on them is OP imo, but I've seen worse shit in MK11.
I agree, his neutral is good and doesn't really need Kameos to supplement it. I'm saying that Darrius doesn't add anything to that part of his kit.

Darrius is arguably one of the worst kameos in the game because he literally does one thing, so you need a rare character like Reiko that both happens to synergize with that one thing, AND is a rather complete character without a kameo because playing with Darrius legit is to play without a kameo for 95% of the match.

I think nerfing Reiko over Darrius and not helping Darrius to compensate almost deletes a kameo from the game that already has a number of completely unviable kameos.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Gentlemen,

A. Its early in the game.
B. There are are application to Darius (Rep, Ken) can benefit from this assist. These are the ones I know about.

I believe that Darius still has solid application. Reiko will require additional hit confirm to close the round, thats all.

skcuf

Noob
The Darrius on command grab was clearly unintentional so there was no scaling. However, I can't think of a single person that looked at this and said, "Yeah, Reiko has too much damage."

All I can see this doing is Darrius having even less utility than he currently does as people move to other kameos. You can get 330 pretty easily with Sonya on any of his combo touches and if you get a F1 an easy 352. Scorpion is similar damage. Serena can allow you safe confirms on B3. Striker gives great + frames to go with his toolkit. Sektor offers some good pressure and dirt.

I'm on PC so no patch yet, but Foxy did grab, Darrius, 34 ex slide, 3 grab and it was like 327 damage instead of the 383 or whatever it was before. If you get a 21 knee, 34 ex slide, 3 grab without Darrius then you're at 335. Different opener, sure, but I don't think it's worth bringing Darrius for a few percentage points.