What's new

Dark Souls Thread

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
what level should i be on if i were to go back to the asylum
IMO, up until very very high levels, the gear you have is much more important than what level you are. Your level and stats in general are basically a vehicle to maximize the effectiveness of your gear.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
ive heard the asylum scales with level.. the stray demon isnt hard at all just stay on his ass(literally) and use a 2handed method. and just move back when he slams his club or levitates

Reedoms

Noob
Full havel's gear? how high was your endurance?

EDIT:

my current set up is:

Havel's leggings/gauntlets
gold hemmed black robe/hood
eagle shield +10
lightning spear+5
ascended pyromancy flame +5
ring of favor and protection
bellowing dragoncrest ring

Also, I got a winged spear to magic +5 and ascended it to enchanted but the stat scaling hasn't changed (E/E/C/-). It's already enchanted +3. Shouldn't it be scaling A to intelligence? what gives?
My endurance is pretty high up there since all I do is pump shit into Vitality, Endurance, and Dex. I'm a Knight but kinda go on the side of a thief setup excluding the huge as fuck armor I use (Smoughs Armor). I have full Smough Armor except for my Black Knight Helm+5. With an Eagle Shield +15/Crystal Ring Shield+3 and Queloggs Furysword.

I went back at around 35 and barely killed the boss.

the boss fight on the return trip isn't really that hard, as the tactics for fighting it remain pretty much the same as the tutorial boss. the only problem I ever have with it is that you start the fight taking damage from the fall and then he has a nasty habit of exploding in my face before I can get near him. it covers much too large of an area. once you can get behind him though, you're golden.

as for four kings it helps to get right up in their face. as long as you're basically touching one, the others wont hit you and it's attacks will do a fraction of the damage (except the AoE).

on my first character i'm running:

ornstein's armor and gauntlets
gold hemmed black hood/skirt
black knight shield +5
quelaag's furysword/lightning uchigatana (both +5)
ring of favor and protection
hornet's ring

on my second character I have:

full black iron set (all +5)
greatshield of artorias (not yet upgraded)
occult greatsword +5/gravelord greatsword +5 (will be exchanging for grant - loved bramd in demon's souls)
ivory talisman
havel's ring
wolf ring/ring of sun's firstborn

i'm loving this game, and it remains one of my favorites along with demon's souls. am now patiently awaiting 1.04 as it was released in japan 2 days ago.

Also, I got a winged spear to magic +5 and ascended it to enchanted but the stat scaling hasn't changed (E/E/C/-). It's already enchanted +3. Shouldn't it be scaling A to intelligence? what gives?
stat scaling is one of the issues being addressed in the patch, though it could also be an oddity of the weapon (divine and occult greatsword both get a C bonus in faith, while all other occult weapons are upped to a B).

Hitoshura

Head Cage
IMO, up until very very high levels, the gear you have is much more important than what level you are. Your level and stats in general are basically a vehicle to maximize the effectiveness of your gear.
thts the problem...ima theif...lol i wear clothlike clothing with a badass hood and DAI a lot

ive heard the asylum scales with level.. the stray demon isnt hard at all just stay on his ass(literally) and use a 2handed method. and just move back when he slams his club or levitates
UR ALIVE!!!!! :D

Hitoshura

Head Cage
OK I need someones help on Dark souls...

I want the fang boar helm! Does anyone have it and would like to trade with me for it? I dnt wanna attempt to get it on my new game plus :/

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
OK I need someones help on Dark souls...

I want the fang boar helm! Does anyone have it and would like to trade with me for it? I dnt wanna attempt to get it on my new game plus :/
I'll trade with you, if we can some how get into each other's game lol.