What's new

Damn slow motion fatality ender ruin some of these

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I actually agree, but I will say most of them look awesome but a few are meh at best. The slo-motion ender freezing as ender does take away from some of them. But the Jade one spinning them on pole which I call the "dead stripper" brings it to life.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
I like the slo mo for some, but yeah for others it stifles the style a little imo.

However, design wise concerning fatalities, i had a thought recently and im surprised i havent seen it mentionedanywhere yet, though if you have please direct me there.

Since Kronika is a time manipulator, and this whole MK11 story has time as a major theme, would it be a nice touch if after a match, considering it goes slo-mo regardless of if a fatality is performed or not, hitting Rematch causes a sped up, reversed replay of the match you just played.

Purely while the rematch is loading. I imagine it would add to the time it takes to load, but i think the attention to detail and the feature would be wortg it instead of a face to black.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Indifferent to the slow mo, but one thing I dislike is when the screen lingers on the opponent after a fatality instead of the winner. When I win, I want to see my character to pop off and pose for the screen, not stare at the remains of the poor sap I just destroyed.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I hate it with Jade’s. The random freeze frame is so weird during the spin. The body should’ve just slid down.

It’s absolutely gdlk for raidens second tho. That face...

stokedAF

casual kahnage
looks good on some fatalities but Damn. Geras’s could of been so much better with everything splattered on the ground. They should of slowed it down for a few seconds like theyre taking a pic and then end it normally
I can agree with the point but I like this style. Fatales are supposed to be showy like. The cool animations like guts splatting, heads rolling or skin getting burned off is still present in brutalities. Raiden has the best lookingbrutality I have seen so far, the characters center mass gets torched and the skeleton looks really good. It’s what makes the brutalities stand out, the “closure”. Fatalities end like a win pose which is cool too imo.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I was really hoping Geras would have a fatality where he'd break out of the slow mo and walk away like a pimp while the opponent's body just floats there all fucked up
OMG!!! This would be so fucking dope and Geras is pretty meh to me. It'd make me wanna play him for the badass factor!!

NRS hire this person for fatalities. lol

Between Krushing Blows, Fatal Blows and now Fatalities, there seems to be a lot of freeze frame/slow motion stuff going around in MK11. It definitely takes away from some of the fatalities and doesn't allow the winning fighter to show their personality much.

A couple examples:

The Skarlet one where she blows up the victim's heart is rather lame, in my opinion. It would have been better if after their heart explodes the victim stumbles towards Skarlet and falls against her and she just stares down at them smugly as they fall to the ground dead. Then she gives some sort of win pose. This would allow her arrogant personality to show through.

The second Geras fatality, after he rips their skin off their blood and guts should fall on his feet. He would then make some disgusted sound, rewind time and this time step out of the way as he rips their skin off. This would at least incorporate his time powers in the fatality.

Some of the ones they have are pretty good, though. Obviously, Johnny's is really impressive and allows his personality to shine through even as he's literally murdering somebody, lol. He even gets a little win pose at the end as he gives the camera the middle finger.

Baraka's first fatality is alright. The kill has already been made and he is literally munching on the victim's brain. And I agree with what xKhaoTik said above about Raiden's second fatality. The emotionless look on his face is amazing.

Regardless, I still have Brutalities to fall back on if the Fatalities mostly end up being shit.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
You actually enjoyed something??!

If you clique members actually read something without your biased glasses on, you would see that I actually enjoy quite a lot in MK11, spare for the Special forces, Geras fatalities, and chapter 1 from story mode's description.

You guys are just biased towards me.

I don't mind the slow motion for fatalities, but I do for brutalities. The slow motion for brutalities removes the brutal aspect of the finisher, and I donn't understand why they kept them that way in MK11.

Kratilim

Noob
I love the slomo endings for fatalities. Then they can end them in a cool pose instead of an awkward one that happened sometimes in MKX.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
IMO, they've made the slomo work to their advantage. It really adds to the cinematic value of the fatality. There's a handful of them where it works against them however, like Skarlet's heartburster and Kano's headbutts.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Depends on which Fatality we're talking about.

Geras and Sonya's second ones maybe end slightly weirdly. But I can't imagine this

or this without it.

Reaction to it's been pretty positive overall, and some make some good ass wallpapers.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
No other game's community has more nitpicking complaints. Every day I visit there's 5 new threads about something so incredibly insignificant.

NRS is trying new things, like they ALWAYS do.