What's new

Question - Raiden Damage Reduced from first patch

Phew. I was really worried that they killed him.

Thanks guys.

Also I heard the damage scaling for shocker was changed. Negative or positive?

delbuster

hungry
corner overhead 1 bar went from 54 to 47
corner low 1 bar went from 52 to 40

meterless is pretty low, around 34 for corner overhead and like 30ish for corner low?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
My 52% with 1 bar now only does 45%
I used to be a Johnny Cage main, trust me, 45 is damn good still. PLUS he usually ends his combos in front of him, and has retarded 50/50 mixups still. Only way to neuter Raiden is to take away his 50/50 options

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
The patch notes said Raiden Thundergod was the only one.effected. Are you sure displacer has been even touched?
Patch notes say that TG strings and universal Shocker are affected by changes.

As I've predicted, TG silliness made NRS nerf Displacer and MoS :DOGE

Anyone still willing to argue that character should be considered as a "whole" instead of on isolated variation basis is free to explain this stuff :p

Okay, just kidding, I know that it's not actual balance changes yet, but still...

Patch notes say that TG strings and universal Shocker are affected by changes.

As I've predicted, TG silliness made NRS nerf Displacer and MoS :DOGE

Anyone still willing to argue that character should be considered as a "whole" instead of on isolated variation basis is free to explain this stuff :p

Okay, just kidding, I know that it's not actual balance changes yet, but still...
Like outlaw. TG is raidens best variation
So its understandable that they nerf the powerhouse variation and not the less used and trickier ones.

still astonishing that they are able to maintain a base balance between charcters with a single patch with this many variations.

(not saying the game is completely balanced either)

esio

Noob
corner overhead 1 bar went from 54 to 47
corner low 1 bar went from 52 to 40

meterless is pretty low, around 34 for corner overhead and like 30ish for corner low?
Do you care to tell us how is your combos, starting from overhead and low?

I used to do this (without LRC), starting with overhead in the corner:

B2, B2, B14, df2EX, B32(h), B14, df2 - It used to do 51%

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
IMO the biggest difference isnt the shocker changes, but the Thunder God specific string damage nerfs. They cause massive dmg scaling now, its rough to get decent 1 bar dmg with them as a starter, pretty much better off always saving your bar. Also, definitely dont use it as a part of your corner combos anymore, lol.