What's new

d4 rings glitch

Error

DF2+R2
hmm interesing, and just to get the question out of the way.
Does this work on every character? Yes.

SZSR

Noob
I wonder what implications this has on her meter building since blocked projectiles is typically where characters build their meter. D4 into rings is relatively safe so it could be a good tactic but on block, it looks like she keeps her arm-extension animation for a few seconds, I mean Cage right there could retaliate with a 2, 1, f2 by abusing that glitch. Hopefully this is kept on the down-low so people don't abuse it and Sonya can safely build her meter again.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Sonya doesnt need to build meter off of projectiles, 114/21/31 Ms cancel all day to get meter. No different to Kabals NDC mixups

Sonya doesnt need to build meter off of projectiles, 114/21/31 Ms cancel all day to get meter. No different to Kabals NDC mixups
try to use 114 on a opponent who duck block as soon as you get a change to start your offence and you will eat a d2 for it

on a ducking opponent

114 = you getting uppercut out of it
21= you getting uppertcut out of it
312= you getting uppertcut out of it
314= you getting uppercut out of it

sonya does not have one block string with more than one hit without linking a special which a ducking opponent can not uppercut you out it and for a so call rushdown character that really sux

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
try to use 114 on a opponent who duck block as soon as you get a change to start your offence and you will eat a d2 for it

on a ducking opponent

114 = you getting uppercut out of it
21= you getting uppertcut out of it
312= you getting uppertcut out of it
314= you getting uppercut out of it

sonya does not have one block string with more than one hit without linking a special which a ducking opponent can not uppercut you out it and for a so call rushdown character that really sux
What strings would you recommend using Riu? I just started to pick Sonya up and would like to know any tips on how to poke and pressure in a safe matter.

Sektor suffers from this as well. His 1,2,b1 can be ducked and uppercuted before the b1 comes out. Thankfully he has a string that ends in an overhead that can then be canceled into an up or strait missile to change things up. Is there a good way Sonya can get around this issue?

By the way, thank you for the video, the inspiration to pick up Sonya through vs'ing you at LB (though I didn't know who you were at the time - and you probably don't know me) and through VSM.

What strings would you recommend using Riu? I just started to pick Sonya up and would like to know any tips on how to poke and pressure in a safe matter.

Sektor suffers from this as well. His 1,2,b1 can be ducked and uppercuted before the b1 comes out. Thankfully he has a string that ends in an overhead that can then be canceled into an up or strait missile to change things up. Is there a good way Sonya can get around this issue?

By the way, thank you for the video, the inspiration to pick up Sonya through vs'ing you at LB (though I didn't know who you were at the time - and you probably don't know me) and through VSM.
LB?

after you get a jump in punch block feel free to use any string you like

without a jump punch as of today i think cancelling the first hit of the string to MS or kartweel look like the best

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
LB?

after you get a jump in punch block feel free to use any string you like

without a jump punch as of today i think cancelling the first hit of the string to MS or kartweel look like the best
Local Battles. That's a huge bummer to know that she doesn't have a string that can get around this!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I use d4 into MS a lot. The followups seem to be uninterruptable. Does 3 hit special mid? how does that work for a MS starter?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
3 hits special mid, do 3 1 MS cancel
D4 ring isnt going to hurt her meter building anyway, just use 21 114 and 31 blockstrings MS cancel to build meter

Local Battles. That's a huge bummer to know that she doesn't have a string that can get around this!
against rain and sheeva you can use f22 and it will hit them ducking because they have a high hitbox when they are ducking against sheeva 31 hit her ducking as well