What's new

D4 into FFB

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
So its a little tricky to execute at first but damn its good. At sweep range d4 into ffb cannot be jumped or interrupted. If opponent jumps foward ffb hits and if backwards he lands on ffb l. No armor attacks can interrupt between d4 and ffb. Only way out is nuetrul jump. This is great for junp happy opponents and really good footsie game for ppl who stay grounded. After they respect d4 ffb you can dash in throw, repeat string with slow fb (wich wont jail but looks awesome to do) or dash 321 pressure.

McNasty

Moist.
I like the sound of this I like to abuse raw d4 a lot which makes them jump the 2nd time around. Should also be a good tool to practice linking AA's

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So this shouldn't be tried against another Reptile then.But still good nonetheless.
No, it's viable even then. 1-frame windows for punish in this game is REALLY strict. Like, not even worth it strict.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Yea i did reptile mirror in training..at sweep distance dash punish isnt available. Timing is really hard. But at the same time from close distance youll get blown up. this is really good to use as another d4 mixup

Yea i did reptile mirror in training..at sweep distance dash punish isnt available. Timing is really hard. But at the same time from close distance youll get blown up. this is really good to use as another d4 mixup
are you about neutral on block after your setup??
or are you a bit negative?

thanks

Man I've tried doing this a lot over the past couple weeks, damn. I get the ffball to come out like 30%.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Medina4life

Media Master
When people try punishing/pressuring you can you dash through it? Just because of the mere fact it looks punishable will dash beat out most strings? From proper distance the other person has to dash up then do the string right? So can't you just keep people in check with dash? Then kind of condition them to stay blocking n d4 acid hand for more distance?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Found a little trick with the execution on this, you can d+b+4 b3 to shortcut the ffb. You can't do it two times in a row for the same reason when zoning, but you can do sfb after, idk if it has the same effect as an ffb would though, it didn't seem like it though.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
At negative but not punishable by reptile dash so im def under better then -6
It's not that you're better than -6, it's that you're not point blank, so elbow would take longer than 6 frames to actually reach.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Yes, yes! I've been saying this for a while now, its an incredible poke string for the reasons Showtime pointed out. In most cases its a frame trap vs much of the cast for an ex dash due to distance. Also great AA when people try to jump out of a 321 dash follow up.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Yes, yes! I've been saying this for a while now, its an incredible poke string for the reasons Showtime pointed out. In most cases its a frame trap vs much of the cast for an ex dash due to distance. Also great AA when people try to jump out of a 321 dash follow up.
for some reason i have trouble doing it as a AA. But standing to into ffb is my favorite AA. People think reptile aa's suck but he has just as good AA"s as most of the kast bc it leads itnto full combo and the ending of them combo of your choice

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Found a little trick with the execution on this, you can d+b+4 b3 to shortcut the ffb. You can't do it two times in a row for the same reason when zoning, but you can do sfb after, idk if it has the same effect as an ffb would though, it didn't seem like it though.
sfb can be jumped out of or armored through. FFB is the best to do if your gunna do it after d4

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
yea do it with someone else and youll see how punisable sfb is. This shit is really good though instead of raw d4 u can do this then d4 invis, once ppl start respecting the forceball the mixups start

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
for some reason i have trouble doing it as a AA. But standing to into ffb is my favorite AA. People think reptile aa's suck but he has just as good AA"s as most of the kast bc it leads itnto full combo and the ending of them combo of your choice

I don't mean as a straight up AA like the opponent jumping toward you. I mean when you've finished a combo and end with 321 dash so you are standing over them. If they try jump out d4 into forceball will catch them. D4 fastball is great after xray or breaker assuming you dash immediately after them.

Guys...plz help. I have all of reptiles tech down. Except this! I can not do d4 ffb to save my life. Is the timing weird or something?

Seapeople

This one's for you
Guys...plz help. I have all of reptiles tech down. Except this! I can not do d4 ffb to save my life. Is the timing weird or something?

It's kind of like Kabal's iagb or Scorpion's d1 spear. I think I just do down+back 4, back 3.
Edit: Me & ZeroHundred said the exact same thing lol

I also use d4~ffb in my corner ex dash combo. The timing is really easy, you can land it from pretty far away from the wall, and you get the same damage any other ex dash combo.

It's kind of like Kabal's iagb or Scorpion's d1 spear. I think I just do down+back 4, back 3.
Edit: Me & ZeroHundred said the exact same thing lol

I also use d4~ffb in my corner ex dash combo. The timing is really easy, you can land it from pretty far away from the wall, and you get the same damage any other ex dash combo.
Thanks. I think maybe I'm doing it but doesn't look like a natural link. I may be expecting the ball to come out faster.