What's new

Tech - A-List d4 and ex-bd3 against armored reversals

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
WARNING: this tech works fine against most of armored specials, but most is not equal to all !!!
So, I noticed one cool thing and I think it's pretty useful:

If you do f3 -> RC (or in some cases: f24 ->SKRC) and opponent keeps using armored reversals against your pressure, here's your weapon:
After RC you should do d4 and then either wait and punish opponent's whiff (like in case with Shinnok and Lui Kang) or do ex-bd3 straight after d4 (like in case with Sub-Zero, Erron Black). In some cases you should do only ex-bd3 after RC (like in case with Kung Lao).
Here's demonstration of this tech:

Also, this tech 100% will NOT help against Liu Kang's WP and Power Flip of Cassie Cage (but RC->X-ray will help ;P)

Last edited:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Seeing as both F3xxSKRC and F24xxSKRC both jail into standing 1, isn't this tech redundant? I get that he can be low profiled sometimes but they both jail into D1 too, which can be used to stuff any low profiling armor attempts safely and without any meter.

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
You might as well just block in a few of these scenarios like Lao's Ex-Spin.

If you guessed wrong with this tech, you'd be spending a bar to get full combo punished. And if you're right, you do less damage than you could've if you simply punished the spin.