What's new

Tech D3 is the new block

As the title states, so many people (mostly online) rely so much on d3 that I've noticed most don't even block when they should (which is why it's usually easier to punish) and pay for it.

My thing is, to even watch someone having to deal with crossover (blocked), d3, d3, d3, crossover (blocked), d3, d3, d2, etc

Many people get away with shenanigans like this online (offline is a different story especially with a fast framed punish string) and sometimes it's even tough for me to get out of these "noob vortex's" online even if i try the NJP, or connect and do a 30% punish theyll switch to jik and if youre foghting a scorpion or ermac that can be dangerous to try and NJP punish. Sometimes I actually have to armor out :confused:

Keep in mind im not a noob, but depending on connection how have you been dealing with these shenanigans online?

It's disappointing when dealing with the connection/netcode sometimes. Sometimes makes a character totally unviable like Kano (who i recently picked up) who has to be close quarters to do his damage and his combos are also very strict in timing. Some characters are ok when there's a bit of a connection issue like our famous mixup characters but again even some of their juggles can be compromised.

It just really sucks that connection can also have an impact of what character not to choose AND what character your opponent (if noob status) will pick so they can get away with things like this -_-

Practice your counterpoking, it might seem annoying at first but you'll get the hang of it.
I know how to counter poke and it's purpose, the issue is not with technique it's for when that technique is punished by the opponent doing something unsafe and still being + and not being able to punish due to the AMOUNT of input lag.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
It just really sucks that connection can also have an impact of what character not to choose AND what character your opponent (if noob status) will pick so they can get away with things like this -_-
Unfortunately is exactly like you said, the connection has an enormous impact in the character pick. I'm maining Johnny Cage A-List, but even thinking of doing my usual BNB online makes me cry lol. I am obliged to pick Kung Jin most of the time.

Regarding the topic, counterpoking d3 online is nearly impossible. Best thing to do if you want to win online is be the aggressor, rush your opponent down and do a billion 50-50. Or play a character that doesn't play upclose at all, zoning works well online.

Unfortunately is exactly like you said, the connection has an enormous impact in the character pick. I'm maining Johnny Cage A-List, but even thinking of doing my usual BNB online makes me cry lol. I am obliged to pick Kung Jin most of the time.

Regarding the topic, counterpoking d3 online is nearly impossible. Best thing to do if you want to win online is be the aggressor, rush your opponent down and do a billion 50-50. Or play a character that doesn't play upclose at all, zoning works well online.
I've got so salty sometimes IF they decide to rematch after a win I will kenshi fuck them straight to hell. Kenshi is my 2nd main (was my original main) and I get massive damage but if they want to do the d1/2/3 mashes I'll armor out and tele flurry /OH sword their ass to oblivion and then... they'll leave and my saltiness goes away XD

Israfel

Designer for BxA
My method to beating this cheese is with my own Chi's. Figure out the pattern (because there usually is one) then backdash if you can and punish. If they do silly cheese I like to give them a taste of the Quan Chi Bat-Trance Blender. Many enemies have had the salt factor raised because of his "almost" unblockable blender.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Laggy online scorpion players.
d3d3d3d3d3d3 exteleport uppercut d3d3d3d3 low/overhead spear exteleport uppercut d3d3d3d3d3d3
Tanya: Teleport njp shroud xx b31shroud xx b31shroud xx brutality.Those of you who do not Tanya, njp still beats "the new block" just do it sparingly and make sure to follow up properly.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
And if your playing kano if the person gets to predictable with cross overs you can get an upball out right when they try to jump over but if you miss you get punished

Audit

Falls down too much
Mostly I start with whatever armored special on the D4. If they're doing D4, D4, something just block the second one (for sure) and armor through. Sure it costs meter, but once they realize that they're going to eat ~30% off of every D4, they stop. Then it's a mindgame in your favor if they can't control their reflexes (most can't want they've started down the rapid D4 path).

And there's always a counterpoke. almost every character has a mid that interrupts D4 pressure. Hell I started playing Kenshi and his 34 sucks in neutral, but it fits perfectly in between two d4s from most of the cast for a full combo.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Mostly I start with whatever armored special on the D4. If they're doing D4, D4, something just block the second one (for sure) and armor through. Sure it costs meter, but once they realize that they're going to eat ~30% off of every D4, they stop. Then it's a mindgame in your favor if they can't control their reflexes (most can't want they've started down the rapid D4 path).

And there's always a counterpoke. almost every character has a mid that interrupts D4 pressure. Hell I started playing Kenshi and his 34 sucks in neutral, but it fits perfectly in between two d4s from most of the cast for a full combo.
See I still can't get some people online to learn from this. They honestly are so damn stupid when it comes to fighting game fundamentals that they make it a fucking contest. "Oh you just stopped me from D3ing well I bet you can't do it again" and continue to mash. Same goes with jumping retards. I anti aired a dude the other night three times in a row while he was playing kung Lao but guess what the first thing he did right afterwards was? That's right, he immediately jumped again. They don't learn from their mistakes, they try harder to do their scrubby shit because you were able to stop it once so they take it as "oh I just need to mash harder" or "I need to jump more he won't stop me every time."

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Same goes with jumping retards. I anti aired a dude the other night three times in a row while he was playing kung Lao but guess what the first thing he did right afterwards was? That's right, he immediately jumped again. They don't learn from their mistakes, they try harder to do their scrubby shit because you were able to stop it once so they take it as "oh I just need to mash harder" or "I need to jump more he won't stop me every time."
Had this dude rage at me the other day. He was playing Kotal and his strategy consisted of crossup uppercut uppercut uppercut. So I started to njp him. Nothing just njp. The guy quit on me and started to trashtalk me in chatroom and I'm like: If you want to win, jump harder!
Ah, the rage fit he was having afterwards.

I rarely even get crossovers. Characters won't auto correct fast enough. At least from a certain distance. I hate it.

I feel like anytime lag is bad enough to make d3's a serious issue, then d3's are generally not the biggest thing being screwed by the lag.

Most good connections it's not an issue.

One example: Takeda's d3 isn't really anything special in terms of being good. It has longer startup than alot of d3's, but much shorter recovery than most d3's, so it's sometimes difficult to get the unique "rythm" of counter poking him down.

Lag has the same effect. It changes the "rythm" and it takes time to compensate for it.

I haven't a clue what's up with Kotal's d1 though. Need to lab that out because I can't poke out of that regardless of connection :(

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Man, are we reading these posts about tactics people are reduced to using because of this online shit?

Depressing. You cannot play this game online. You have to make up a new game.

Online Scrub-zero: d3 (which looks like he's standing)d3 ~ b2 or b33 or throw > slide (can't punish this scrub shit online sometimes) d3 d3... Scrub blender. I lol when it's happening but I'm still genuinely pissed off that I can't get out of it as a Kitana main.

Also KK d1 online makes me so salty :/

Had this dude rage at me the other day. He was playing Kotal and his strategy consisted of crossup uppercut uppercut uppercut. So I started to njp him.
You shouldn't have to use any special tactic at all to beat a d2. They lose to pretty much everything.

Why do people complain about "d2 spam", I never understood this.