What's new

Question D1 hit now what...?

redeyes

Button Masher
Ok so im coming across a problem with sonya say i d1 to get out of pressure what should i try to do after that since shes only at +2 and a lot of people seem to love to mash d3 when they get poked thus eliminating my chances of starting real offense with stand 1 or 3 or b2.

so the question is what do you other sonya players do after a hit d1?

also non sonya players dont come here and say oh well just MS cause the cancel adv is only like +12 so after i get into MS i can just be poked.

try to backdash into a low crush. Does her overhead kick do that? i'm gonna guess it's f4 but I don't play the character. Yet.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I they keep poking just counter poke.

I'm no Sonya player, but can't you cancel d1 into Kartwheel?

I do it all the time with Smoke's b23. Off of a poke I'll sometimes backdash and just throw it out. If they try to do anything I usually catch a whiff, if not I hit them blocking and can do it again. Lol. I bet Sonya can do the same.

D1s aren't really something you can use to get your offense going. Your best bet would be D1 into 4 cartwheel. Alternatively, you can cancel D1 into MS or cartwheel. This is more punishable if they block your d1 however.

the divekick would have to be on read or else ill eat a full combo.

trust me i do that sometimes but its too risky to do off of every d1.
That's why you do instant ones so they become harder to punish or unpunishable to some characters.
Also, you said the problem was mostly getting outpoked so I just suggested the most obvious thing to me to blow them up.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Ok so im coming across a problem with sonya say i d1 to get out of pressure what should i try to do after that since shes only at +2 and a lot of people seem to love to mash d3 when they get poked thus eliminating my chances of starting real offense with stand 1 or 3 or b2.

also non sonya players dont come here and say oh well just MS cause the cancel adv is only like +12 so after i get into MS i can just be poked.
if they're constantly poking you just iadk their ass xD

also, d1~ms 1+3 seems like a good footsie.

btw, which way of executing the ms1+3 works better, using R1 and pressing 1+2 twice, or just pressing the 1+3 followed by 1+2. (using r1 seems to require me to hit 1+2 twice for the full thing to come out)
Just askin cuz i've always been curious about that.

GhosT

Noob

If d1 hits you can ms and it its harder for them to interrupt

If d1 hits and you know they are gonna d3 instant dive kick

GhosT

Noob
if they're constantly poking you just iadk their ass xD

also, d1~ms 1+3 seems like a good footsie.

btw, which way of executing the ms1+3 works better, using R1 and pressing 1+2 twice, or just pressing the 1+3 followed by 1+2. (using r1 seems to require me to hit 1+2 twice for the full thing to come out)
Just askin cuz i've always been curious about that.
I use The grab button then i press 2 1, i dont even press 2 and 1 at the same time. i just hit 2 then 1 and it always does the nut kick ender.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
On Hit ms or d4,if your distance is good and you do d1 ms their counter poke wiffs and you punish with tackle or f1, or you land a d1 and go straight into d4 ms f1

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
As BillStickers correctly stated, my usual go-to follow-up after a d1 on hit is Military Stance overhead.

However, to correct some misconceptions, canceling into cartwheel off a d1 isn't the best idea as the cartwheel is 23 frames and there isn't much cancel advantage off a d1.

Another possible option you could try would be to d4 Military Stance after a d1, or just get out of there and try to approach or bait out an attack.