What's new

D+4 into FFB w/ video

Whatsup guys

I'm pretty new to these forums, but I thought I'd try to help my fellow reptilians out with a video. I know this D+4 into FFB is already known to the community. I just never have seen a video for it and I think it would help some folks out. Was in the lab trying it out for the first time tonight, then started recording my progress. The biggest tip I can give is as soon as that D+4 connects is when you start your forceball. You can't start it early like other combos/tech. I've been using D+4 into acid hand as an AA, but this does way more damage. Hoping I can start implementing it into my game soon.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Best way to do it is down + back +4 then down + back + 3 all in one quick motion.

edit

I posted that before watching the vid. Yeah you're using the best method if you want to get it out from a crouch position.

To add to this has anyone ever done standing 4 into ex FB as an AA? It seems like it would be pretty effective. 35% dmg off a bar of meter is a pretty good trade in my book. It stops you from blindly charging up an EX FB in hopes of a jump in. I've never done this live, but it knocks them back roughly into sweeping distance on block. Leaving you both at neutral frames, but you're stuck executing it for 15 frames. The only saving grace is the pushback, so it would require a quick wake up attack to punish.

Just curious...anyone?

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
F.Sanchez(trojanmann22)

i dont think that standing 4 into FFB is really that viable as a AA. Not only does it have 15 frames of start-up (which is looong compared to other AA's), but its got a really wonky hitbox from my experience.

Yah i was testing the hitbox just now. It seems like just above reptile's head and below is when it starts hitting. I see what you're trying to say about the long startup. But if you hit them while they are in the air those 15 frames are irrelevant because of all the time you have to throw out an ex FB. I was only bringing up the frame data for a smart opponent that starts blocking it and trying to bait you.