What's new

D+1 + Fan Lift?

Has anyone been able to do this repetitive?
Squareboost always comes out as a result.

D+1 Fan lift punishes Mileena's ex tele, but I can never get it to come out.
Are there any methods that can this easier?

aj1701

Noob
No, I've not been able to get it to work either. I just can't execute it correctly on the stick.

Sounds like negative edge though. Have you tried d+1 (hold 1) bb+2? Or do you still have the square boost even then?

Crathen

Death is my business
you just input db+1 and immediately b2.

But to punish mileenas Ex telekick you gotta be in crouch so then db buffer won't work , you have to let off go down and block and quickly do the db1 b2.

redeyes

Button Masher
you just input db+1 and immediately b2.

But to punish mileenas Ex telekick you gotta be in crouch so then db buffer won't work , you have to let off go down and block and quickly do the db1 b2.
what? doing db1 will make you sq. boot....

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
I can get it maybe 2 out of 10 times. Not nearly consistently enough.

Square Boost always comes out. Negative edge :(

Crathen

Death is my business
Also you cant d1 fan lift mileenas telekicks , you have to use Ex fan lift or it will not catch her.

Also you cant d1 fan lift mileenas telekicks , you have to use Ex fan lift or it will not catch her.
I punish her telekicks with 2 ground fan, back 33 lift.
I'm talking about when you block high, low for her ex teleport kicks, her sais will miss, and you get a free D+1, cutter.
Im trying to do the fan lift for more damage.
I agree detroit, thats why I wanna practice it

No, I've not been able to get it to work either. I just can't execute it correctly on the stick.

Sounds like negative edge though. Have you tried d+1 (hold 1) bb+2? Or do you still have the square boost even then?
the ex one is easier for me, maybe 4 out of 10 times, reg fan lift maybe 1 or 2 out of 10.

theres gotta be a way. :p

Crathen

Death is my business
I punish her telekicks with 2 ground fan, back 33 lift.
I'm talking about when you block high, low for her ex teleport kicks, her sais will miss, and you get a free D+1, cutter.
Im trying to do the fan lift for more damage.
I agree detroit, thats why I wanna practice it
Yeah i was talking about punishing EX Tk not the regular one , also i can do it pretty consistently , requires a little practice but it's nothing too hard.

And no way d1 regular fan lift catches crouch blocked Ex Tk + sais , Mileena will fall too low for the lift to hit her , EX is needed ( well maybe you can get the regular one once every 10 times but i like consistency better )

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It's not negative edge, it's the easy inputs that the game allows. When you press down then slide it to down-back, it reads d, b and when you hit 1, you get square boost.

To avoid this, press and hold down when you do d1, then while holding down, tap back twice then hit 2. It takes a great deal of practice, but you can do things like d1 as anti air then dash in and get d1~ex fan lift (which is a huge waste of meter due to damage scaling).

I don't think you can get a d1~fan lift after blocking mileena's ex telekick after ducking the sai.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I can get it maybe 2 out of 10 times. Not nearly consistently enough.

Square Boost always comes out. Negative edge :(
With Practice you can delete the negative Edge, i use to have the same problem with Rayden, perfoming 1~Vicinity Blast, after the Shocker move. The Lighting always camed out.

But Crathen already told you how to do it, if you still find a bit hard, manage to delay your input between 1 and 2.

when you perform B+D + 1, tap 1 and keep the Direction input pressed for at least 1 frame, then imediately press B+2, this will null the DB 1 effect, and the negative Edge will vanish

shura30

Shura
it's not a negative edge issue

it's mk that is 4way instead of 8
so any db input will be recognized by the engine as db or bd that is often associated to a special

i really hope 8 way controls for mk10

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
The easiest way to do this is already be crouching. While holding down, roll to db and hit 1. Then roll back to d, then roll back to db again and hit 2. So the notation looks like this.

While holding d:
db+1,d,db+2

Works for me everytime personally.