What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Cyrax Cyrax's hardest MUs?

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Due to my unique situation, I'm wondering what Cyraxs hardest mus are. Either by variation or archetype.

Any suggested counterpicks are appreciated.

@xxFalcon Loverxx

Espio

Kokomo
Heavy pressure characters or heavy zoning ones. Sick Cage, D'vorah, Kitana, Goro, Mileen on her.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Heavy pressure characters or heavy zoning ones. Sick Cage, D'vorah, Kitana, Goro, Mileen on her.
He has trouble with zoners and pressurers? Maybe good mus woulda been a shorter list lol. Basically I'm wondering if a Cyrax player was gonna pocket someone else strictly for tough MUs, who would he pocket?

Reaper

Noob
Cyrax struggles against characters that can control the pace of the round for the majority of the round. Mileena controls up close and full screen which is why the match is so hard. Johnny can stay plus forever and lockdown Cyrax and so can D'vorah. D'vorah and Johnny also have ways of contesting full screen, with forceball and puddle, although you can fight back with net and bombs in that scenario.

With Kitana, you can use F34 to go under fans and hit, then throw out a bomb but dont just throw it out.

In short, don't let the opponent make you play their game

Reaper

Noob
Also to answer about "counterpicks", if you are gonna main triborg, sektor and smoke cover alot of cyrax's bad match ups as well as each others.
Although mileena just gives the borgs a bad time due to gaps and low-profiling, as well as pressure.

For me, Shaolin Kung Jin and SR Takeda work to fight mileena

As for pressure chars, I just go A-list and pressure back because I don't care

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
I have been so busy with work I haven't even been able to practice/play. I know the few games I played with him I was having a hard time if the player's zoning was on point. Don't have much MU experience with him yet, I just labbed him a lot and decided he was fun enough to use as a backup to Alien/Ermac.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i have recently used Sektor as a pocket since he has decent zoning, but against Mileena, Johnny, Liu and D'vorah i can't use triborg at all, i use Mileena, Predator or Alien for those MU's

basically anyone who isn't Triborg is an uphill struggle, since someone some where does one of the following better, Zoning, Space Control, or Footsies/Neutral

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
Most zoning characters don't bother me too much. You can f3 under or even jump in the air and air grab to move forward or try to counter zone with bombs and net.

For me it's really just the heavy pressure/cancel characters like Johnny or D'Vorah.

Oddly enough I seem to struggle against quan chi with cyrax.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Most zoning characters don't bother me too much. You can f3 under or even jump in the air and air grab to move forward or try to counter zone with bombs and net.

For me it's really just the heavy pressure/cancel characters like Johnny or D'Vorah.

Oddly enough I seem to struggle against quan chi with cyrax.
Quan Chi rapes me with that meter draining portal and armor portal.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I've been having some trouble against Reptile (Deceptive). I haven't labbed that match-up yet. But any tips?

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
He has trouble with zoners and pressurers? Maybe good mus woulda been a shorter list lol. Basically I'm wondering if a Cyrax player was gonna pocket someone else strictly for tough MUs, who would he pocket?
Smoke for in your face characters and zoners! Tryborg has all the tools with his 4 variations!

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I find with Triborg that his variations might earn some winning match ups, but all 4 of them seem to have the same losing ones.
That is to say, pressure characters. SQ D'Vorah, Jax, Cassie, Shotgun/HT Jacqui, Reptile, you get the gist.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
I find with Triborg that his variations might earn some winning match ups, but all 4 of them seem to have the same losing ones.
That is to say, pressure characters. SQ D'Vorah, Jax, Cassie, Shotgun/HT Jacqui, Reptile, you get the gist.
I wouldn't say triborg (Cyrax in particular) has winning match ups. I think he can win matches (big difference). I'm curious though. Which match ups do you think Cyrax wins?