What's new

Cyrax variants of Doc's new tech!

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Do wakeups get out of this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
how the hell do u follow uppercut combo's with 121 mid screen like that? isn't that hard to do?

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
How are these combos practical in an actual fight? This looks easily escapable with either a roll, wake-up, or ex-wake-up.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Oh, and Tony-T, I was practicing your last attempt with the uppercut to mid-bomb. Seems impossible, but I was able to jumpkick my opponent into the mid-bomb. Just to give you a heads up.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Do wakeups get out of this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
yea they can, but the wakeups get reversed. So while its escapable, its a little bit more tricky for them to tr and wakeup out of it..

TONY-T

Mad scientist
How are these combos practical in an actual fight? This looks easily escapable with either a roll, wake-up, or ex-wake-up.
They can be escaped. But there is a way to do a double reverse anti wakeup, making it virtually almost impossible for your opponent to do wakeup attacks. J360 showed me a way while i was in New York.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Oh, and Tony-T, I was practicing your last attempt with the uppercut to mid-bomb. Seems impossible, but I was able to jumpkick my opponent into the mid-bomb. Just to give you a heads up.
Yes its very hard! i think it will work though, you just need to delay the midbomb as much as you can and also hit the uppercut as quickly as you can.

Yea ive tried the jump kick.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
They can be escaped. But there is a way to do a double reverse anti wakeup, making it virtually almost impossible for your opponent to do wakeup attacks. J360 showed me a way while i was in New York.
double reverse anti wake up what? o-0

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
well, i know it makes it more difficult for a wake-up to happen if you cross over them fast enough. i think it confuses the controller.

Seapeople

This one's for you
That sounds crazy lol. If the other person knows to reverse their wakeup, you could just whiff the 1 and go right into another string instead of doing the (1)2.

With Krayzie's original set up I found the timing pretty strict to land the (1)2 consistently. I'll try this version soon, hopefully it's a little easier.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Tony...please don't tempt me into getting back to the lab with him like this:(

Oh and stfu debby downers, no one likes a debby downer...1st of all this is practical

2nd even if it wasn't it's 74% no bar, so yeah...

3rd this has almost the same rules as other non guaranteed resets, meaning some EX wakeups will get out of if some won't. A blocked ex nomad dash gets hit while an EX mileena tele kick probably won't. And it's still 74% no bar fam...

Tony, this setup is amazing! This is great whenever somebody uses an idea that someone else found and instead of fighting over tech, everyone works together.
Now tell J360 to stop using CSZ and get back on Cyrax haha. Great stuff Tony.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Rolling seems to make it escapable every time.
yea, but they always end up in the corner if they roll. If this is the case, all you have to do is an AA back into the corner. this pushes them back towards the centre of the screen and directly onto the bomb.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Using d4~AAt here instead of (1)2 looks like a pretty great set up. If the opponent blocks the d4 or stays grounded they won't have enough time to escape the bomb. The AAt also catches a lot of wakeups onto the bomb...Jax's only way to get out is with ex OHS for example. I'll test it against more characters this week but I think this has tons of potential.